Selanne Back For One More Year

from AnaheimDucks.com,

The Ducks have signed right wing Teemu Selanne to a one-year contract through the 2012-13 NHL season. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

“While I’m still amazed by his speed and skill level, it’s Teemu’s love for the game and his teammates that make him so special,” said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Anaheim is where he belongs.”...

“I still feel I can play at a high level,” said Selanne. “As I always say, this is my happy place and I can’t wait to get back on the ice in front of our great fans.”

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: teemu+selanne

Comments

Paul's avatar

Reports state $4.5M.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/12/12 at 03:07 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Selanne is apparently content without even a playoff run this year again.  Says a lot about him IMO.

Posted by Primis on 07/12/12 at 05:45 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

Posted by Primis on 07/12/12 at 04:45 PM ET

I’m sure he’s a little more optimistic about his playoff chances but ffs, at this stage the guy is obviously either going to stick with his team or retire.  What exactly does that “say about him” other than he likes the sport, his teammates, hopes to win?  Seriously, I hate the Ducks but I’m not seeing anything to quack about with this.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 07/12/12 at 07:52 PM ET

LiteWork's avatar

He just wants to increase his career numbers and to make money.

Posted by LiteWork on 07/12/12 at 07:57 PM ET

Says a lot about him IMO.

Well, he’s the got a Stanley Cup ring, Calder trophy, Richard trophy, Masterton trophy, has four NHL records, nine Anaheim franchise records, two Winnipeg/Phoenix/Winnipeg franchise records, is the all-time leader in Olympic scoring and has made 11 ASG appearances.

Maybe what it says is that he’s playing because he loves hockey and just wants to keep playing while it’s still fun and while he still has the abilities.

Posted by Garth on 07/12/12 at 09:33 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

A really classy team player with a love of the game and some amazing skills.  Hall of famer for sure.  Wish there were more guys like him.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 07/13/12 at 02:03 AM ET