San Jose Hade A 3-2 Lead With Just Over Two Minutes Left When…

this happened...

then this...

and finally this...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

Couldn’t have happened to a group of divers…. err I mean players I dislike more.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/17/13 at 07:24 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

I feel for SJ… I am always torn on how I feel about the automatic delay of game penalty for this. I know what the purpose of it is, and I get it, but it just seems like a really really shitty way to essentially settle or turn the tide of a playoff game.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 05/17/13 at 07:31 AM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

It’s a dumb penalty. Just treat it like an icing. Glad to see it happening to SJ though.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/17/13 at 07:32 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Meanwhile, this time I have to agree with Melrose: Kings are starting to get that look.  Kopitar, Richards, Stoll down the middle.  Carter on the wing.  Quick.  Why is this team underrated so often?

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/17/13 at 07:56 AM ET

The delay of game penalty is a great rule, 90% of the time the defenseman is under pressure and can’t control puck. The defensive team shouldn’t get an opportunity to change the game by shooting the puck out of the rink to avoid the forecheck.

Posted by timbits on 05/17/13 at 08:29 AM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

I wonder when we’re going to see defensive players on the PK playing with a less-curved stick to make backhand clearing attempts less likely to get away from them.  Also, I’m surprised more guys don’t play with wooden sticks (or maybe heavier composite sticks?) to avoid breaking them on the PK.

Posted by Savage Henry on 05/17/13 at 08:47 AM ET

Exactly how I feel about the impending Blackhawks sweep.

Posted by RoneFace on 05/17/13 at 10:44 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Exactly how I feel about the impending Blackhawks sweep.

Posted by RoneFace on 05/17/13 at 11:44 AM ET

A bit touchy on a Friday morning. I guess I’d feel the same way if my team never won anything.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/17/13 at 11:23 AM ET

I just pointed and laughed at Vlasic.  I lol’d in my belly so hard.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/17/13 at 11:25 AM ET

pautna's avatar