Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 04/03/07 at 06:23 PM ET
NEW YORK (April 3, 2007) – Fueled by a dramatic race to the playoffs, sales of NHL-licensed product on Shop.NHL.com for the month of March increased 51% compared to the same period last year, the National Hockey League (NHL) today announced. The most searched term last month on Shop.NHL.com that yielded results was “Stanley Cup.”
For the seventh consecutive month, the Buffalo Sabres remain the top-selling team on Shop.NHL.com. The Sabres’ March 2007 sales increased 657% compared to last year. Other teams that more than doubled merchandise sales for March were the Pittsburgh Penguins (205%), New York Islanders (155%), Minnesota Wild (154%), Anaheim Ducks (119%) and Nashville Predators (100%). Twenty-four of 30 teams increased their sales for the month of March on Shop.NHL.com.
The Sabres continued to dominate player jersey sales with six of the 10 top sellers on Shop.NHL.com.
TOP 10 SELLING JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (Mar 1-31, 2007)
1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres
3. Daniel Briere, Buffalo Sabres
4. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres
5. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
6. Chris Drury, Buffalo Sabres
7. Jason Pominville, Buffalo Sabres
8. Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils
9. Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks
10. Thomas Vanek, Buffalo Sabres
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org