Ron Francis Is Officially The GM In Seattle

from NHLSeatte,

NHL Seattle named Ron Francis the first General Manager in franchise history on July 18, 2019.  Francis brings an acclaimed skill for evaluating NHL-caliber talent and his renowned hockey IQ will determine the franchise's style of play.

"After seven months of due diligence, research, conversations, interviews and evaluation, we are thrilled to announce Ron as our GM," said NHL Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke.

continued

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ron+francis, seattle

Comments

Blue and green colors?

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 07/18/19 at 02:08 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Blue and green colors?

I hope not, that’s just too close to Vancouver (but I love the combo personally).

I could see Green and…something.  Brown?  White?  Gray?

Posted by TreKronor on 07/18/19 at 02:57 PM ET

The Sounders and the Seahawks have the same colors.

Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.
Thrice is a pattern.

Thus, the speculation that the new NHL Seattle team could be wearing blue and green colors.  Wasn’t the Canucks original colors orange, yellow, and brown?

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 07/18/19 at 04:01 PM ET

Yellow red and black I think SYF, may be wrong.

I’ve heard round the watercooler that red white and black may be the colors but I’m in your camp, I’d expect some kind of combo involving blue or green.

We haven’t won a cup since you stopped sending me pregame fodder brother, hope to see something in the inbox on game day this year buddy.

Posted by ThatGuy on 07/18/19 at 06:41 PM ET

Blue and green with a simple hockey stick was the original uni, the brutal yellow V was the late 70’s and early 80’s.

Posted by akwingsfan on 07/18/19 at 07:52 PM ET

For what it’s worth, he was given a black and white jersey at the announcement. Good colors for a placeholder.

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 07/18/19 at 11:20 PM ET