Robin Lehner Traded To Vegas

added 3:06pm,

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: robin+lehner, vegas+golden+knights

Comments

Did anyone see this one coming?

Fans?

Beat writers?

Insiders in national media?

Posted by lefty.30 on 02/24/20 at 04:06 PM ET

The only thing I read was Chicago was more likely to keep Crawford at this point because it’s tricky to re-sign Lehner to the long-term deal at a fair price he believes he deserves (I agree he’s earned some confidence for what it’s worth).

But I didn’t see anyone suggest Vegas.
But…Fleury is older, can get worn down, and no one behind him has proven consistently reliable. I guess the Eakin trade made this possible.
Wonder if they can find a way to re-sign him.

Posted by lefty.30 on 02/24/20 at 04:09 PM ET

VGK has just made no bones about what they’re doing this playoff year.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 02/24/20 at 04:18 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Chicago media here was expecting him to be moved today.  I’m really wondering what Chicago is going to do though.  Crawford is a UFA after this season, and given his history of head issues I wouldn’t be surprised if he called it quits after this year.

Posted by TreKronor on 02/24/20 at 04:24 PM ET

Primis's avatar

VGK has just made no bones about what they’re doing this playoff year.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 02/24/20 at 03:18 PM ET

They have to.  Vegas has no future.  They already traded it away.

Posted by Primis on 02/24/20 at 04:56 PM ET

Unless I missed it Carolina added two D but no goalie.

I’m a little surprised they didn’t add Lehner for just a #2

Posted by lefty.30 on 02/24/20 at 04:57 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from Sportsnet,

The Chicago Blackhawks have dealt goaltender Robin Lehner to the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for goalie Malcolm Subban, defence prospect Slava Demin, and a second-round pick, Sportsnet can confirm.

In addition, the Toronto Maple Leafs are retaining a portion of Lehner’s salary and will receive a fifth-round pick from Vegas in 2020. Toronto sends Martins Dzierkals to the Golden Knights in return.

continued

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/24/20 at 06:56 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Hell, for that price I wish Yzerman would have taken a stab at him.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 02/24/20 at 08:31 PM ET