Report- Pisani To Chicago

via Ryan Rishaug tweets,

Pisani signs with hawks

One year one way for Pisani

added 5:14pm, from the Cult of Hockey,

The deal is one-year, one-way, a great deal for Pisani, and maybe for the Hawks as well. If Pisani is healthy, the Black Hawks are bringing on board a useful player, even though Pisani was arguably the worst Oilers forward at even strength last season.

The Hawks are the kings of even strength play, of course, so it’s not as if Pisani is needed in that role so much by the Hawks. Instead, it’s likely that Pisani will be most utilized in Chicago where he is best utilized, as a penalty killing ace.

When it comes to killing penalties, even an ailing Pisani has been the Oil’s best penalty killer by far the past two season.

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: fernando+pisani

Comments

eternal_fields's avatar

This does little to ease the embarrassment I have felt since it took the Hawks six games to beat the Flyers.

Also, Kaner having facial sex with the Cup in that Deadspin expose . . .  When will this embarrassment end?

Posted by eternal_fields on 08/18/10 at 07:04 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Not that that’s saying anything.

I dunno’.  Not a bad signing by CHI, not a good one either, not yet anyways.  If they’re signing Pisani to essentially replace Madden, than yeesh…. have fun with that.

Posted by Primis on 08/18/10 at 08:23 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Im just loving watching these Chicago signings. They are so desperately trying to fill these vacancies left by there salary cap problems.

I remember looking at the Blackhawks’s salary cap back in may. They were going to have 6 forwards and 4 defense men with nearly no cap space. That might have been good for a beer league but not the NHL. I knew back then that Chicago might have to wait another 49 years for a cup.

Obviously they have been unable to sign any desirable free agents. There futile attempts to put together a team that could defend the cup have made me happy.

Chicago is trying to fix a whole in a Damn with bubble gum.

They will be fighting St.louis and Colorado for the 7th and 8th spot in the playoffs. Just wait and see.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 09:48 PM ET

They were going to have 6 forwards and 4 defense men with nearly no cap space.

My beer league team is always pushed right up against the cap.

The very best part of the Hawks situation is that next year they’re in almost the exact same position as this year.

Almost all of their signings this year are one-year contracts, so almost every one of the positions they filled this year will have to be addressed again next year, plus they have Seabrook’s contract expiring, meaning they’ll likely going to have to dump him or trade him away, because he’s going to be looking at a raise.

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 10:47 PM ET

One-year/$500,000 deal.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 08/18/10 at 10:52 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

YES!!! garth now thats what Im talking about. hell yes. They will be too. Technically I believe they are only going to have 11 million of cap room. I know thats a decent amount but they wont be getting any top free agents with that. *Eleven million based on the contracts they have right now.

Nice job. I see though you are a fan of them. I had a felling when you didnt have a red wings pic or anything on your account. haha.

Im sorry
Garth. Hey I can admit when my team had made a bad move or degressed. Im glad you can too. Its called a realist.

P.s. You proabaly will be higher than fourth. St.louis has problems and nashville always falls short. You have a good young group with Kane, Toews and those other guys. I hate Hossa though. I will never compliment that ridiculous excuse for a man. I use the word hate lightly.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 11:11 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Unless you were literally referring to your beer league. When you said “My beer league” I took that has you were claiming chicago as your team. Regardless, sorry but I think I persuaded you a little??No??? Maybe???

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 11:13 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

When will this embarrassment end?

Next April.  By then, it will be replaced with a whole different type of embarrassment.  LOL

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/18/10 at 11:21 PM ET

Yes, that’s exactly what I was doing.  Not making a joke about the fact that you seem to think that beer leagues have salary caps.  I was claiming Chicago as my team.  By mocking their dire cap situation.

You are brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 11:37 PM ET

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 10:13 PM ET

Just so there’s no confusion, I’m a lifelong Red Wings fan, moron.

Didn’t know I needed to spell anything out.

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 11:40 PM ET

eternal_fields's avatar

Chicago is trying to fix a whole in a Damn with bubble gum.

I laud you, sir, for whatever it was that inspired this soon-to-be catchphrase that will soon, no doubt, sweep the nation . . . not unlike “They pelted us with rocks and garbage.”

Good show.

Posted by eternal_fields on 08/19/10 at 01:17 AM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Good show.

Posted by eternal_fields on 08/19/10 at 12:17 AM ET

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/19/10 at 03:02 AM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Thanks eternalfileds

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/19/10 at 03:02 AM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Garth: What happened? We were doing soo good. Your hard to argue with, seriously, I dont how to beat you. I finally got you to admit to being a closet blackhawks fan and then you had to screw it up with that “For the record Im a wings fan” comment. When you referred to your teams (the Chicago blackhawks) rough cap situation, you took ownership in the team and elaborated on them. Oh really, your beer league doesnt have a cap? Good one.

Garth there are programs and meetings to address your disease. I will sacrafice to help you. You first have to get past denial. Being a blackhawk fan is a disease, garth. I have seen many hawk fans who have worked the twelve steps and became wings fans. Go ahead and put a blackhawk logo on the profile for the time being. We will get over this.

Seriously though. I can’t argue with you. Your either a genius or way off base. You never answer any of my questions! I gave you good support in the other article to back up my hypothesis of Chicago finishing fourth in the central. Instead of refuting it with reason, you just kept throwing one liners at me. One liners that don’t prove otherwise. In order to disprove a hypothesis we need support or results. You havent given me any support In turn, we await the results. The season starts October 11 (I think). After the season I will either disprove my hypothesis or throw it in your face for all eternity. Untill then, Im tired I have work in under 6 hours and need to sleep. Consider this argument on hold till may.

In the meantime, if want to work through your disease I will help. Blackhawks fan is a bad disease and if not treated will grow worse over time. Ive been a sponser before, it was an islanders fan, he was bad. Get help garth. Before you know it, your gonna wake up one morning and it will have been 49 years without a cup.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/19/10 at 03:32 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

Garth is a Detroit fan and has been since he started posting here. He was just making a joke about a beer league having a salary cap, in pointing out how Chicago will have a tough time of it so they may resemble a beer league in their play since their depth will be so badly depleted.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 08/19/10 at 05:56 AM ET

Moq's avatar

Minimum salary signings of players like Boynton and Pisani are good deals, but obviously not in the same league as the ones who left.

Approximately $11M for 11 players, or $1M per roster spot, isn’t ideal, but hardly unusual for contending teams.

The one-year contracts isn’t a giant problem when the majority is low wage fillers, and most of the core pieces is under contract. Any player exodus would be in the $0.5-1M range rather than this year’s $3M range.You can exchange those pieces at a similar rate without raising cost. The exception could be younger players like Stalberg and Skille if they are as good as some believe, and show it. Seabrook will get a raise, but I doubt he’ll see Keith money. The return of the $4M should pay Seabrook, Brouwer, and a couple of other minor raises. However, there won’t be room for spectacular signings.

Another considerable concern would be goaltending, especially if Turco fails. You can probably find an available veteran every year, but it’s hardly ideal.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 08/19/10 at 06:47 AM ET

chesterfieldwingnut's avatar

hahahah that shit is hilarious. It was better than the article. Garth I think he’s got you.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 08/19/10 at 04:56 AM ET

Hey, Baroque Dont be an enabler !!

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 08/19/10 at 05:47 AM ET

Hey Moq, They are screwed. What do you mean “if” turco fails. He wasnt very good for dallas last year. I really think his puck handing skills do more harm than good sometimes. He will struggle.

Chicago is trying to fix a whole in a Damn with bubble gum.
Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/19/10 at 02:32 AM ET

Haha, you are one funny guy PJ. Im gonna have to use that annalogy when I talk hockey at work. That is Money!! That blackhawks addiction stuff was also great. I had to call my dad over to read it and he laughed his ass off. Do you ever wright for this blog?

Posted by chesterfieldwingnut from Flying over the ashland bump on 08/19/10 at 05:35 PM ET

chesterfieldwingnut's avatar

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 08/19/10 at 04:56 AM ET

I knew their cap problem was bad but wow! I didnt know they were screwed. PJ you say that they only had 6 forwards and 4 defenders initially? If they have any of their stars injured they are done for.

Posted by chesterfieldwingnut from Flying over the ashland bump on 08/19/10 at 05:39 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Smells like sock puppet in here…

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/19/10 at 05:51 PM ET