Report- Sale Of Coyotes To Jamison In Doubt

from Scott Burnside of ESPN,

Former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison, the main suitor for the Phoenix Coyotes for the past year, cannot produce the capital needed to purchase the team from the NHL and as a result a Jan. 31 deadline to maintain a critical lease agreement with the City of Glendale will pass without a deal being completed, multiple sources have told ESPN.com.

A separate group of investors is prepared to step into the void created by Jamison's failure to produce the money he repeatedly insisted he would deliver to complete the deal, but the question is whether Glendale officials will agree to extend the lease agreement to a new group given that it was Jamison who negotiated the terms of the highly contentious lease deal.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: greg+jamison

Comments

Whoa.  Huge surprise.  No, really.  However could anyone have foreseen this happening.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 01/30/13 at 07:49 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

SHOCKED!!!!

Posted by Hootinani on 01/30/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

Posted by Evilpens on 01/30/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No doubt.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/30/13 at 08:10 PM ET

At least this will get the Yotes mentioned on the Phoenix news stations.

Time for the firesale, Yandle for Emmerton and Kindl.  Done.

Posted by maltby18 on 01/30/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Kinda odd, but I’ve been seeing conflicting stories talking about a finalized sale being announced tonight or tomorrow.

Posted by neffernin on 01/30/13 at 08:26 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

$5.70 and Larry Murphy’s glasses. Boom, done!

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/30/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

$5.70 and Larry Murphy’s glasses. Boom, done!

Posted by
          George Malik

from South Lyon, MI on 01/30/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Nice!

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 01/30/13 at 09:14 PM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

I think the saying goes something like,
“Fool me once, shame on me
Fool me forty-seven times, I probably think the Detroit City Council tries to make the city a better place and I also expect the Coyotes to be sold soon”

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 01/30/13 at 10:09 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Dibs on next ups if George can’t secure Murph’s Hamburglar glasses.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/30/13 at 11:47 PM ET

Paul From Cali's avatar

I don’t see why any of you are shocked by this.  The city doesn’t want the team and nobody wants to buy it because it loses money hand over fist.  Would you buy a new car that gets 5 miles to the gallon and won’t pass smog?

The only realistic possibility, and what will eventually have to happen, will be for someone to buy the team and take it to Canada or maybe Seattle.

And let me state for the record that as a Kings fan I WANT the Yotes to stay in Phoenix.  They’re close to LA and easy to beat.  smile  But it’s just not going to happen.

Posted by Paul From Cali on 01/31/13 at 07:36 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

No one is shocked by this.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 01/31/13 at 08:15 AM ET

I’m pretty much boycotting the NHL this year minus one thing - the sale of the Coyotes. It’s the only thing bringing me to Kuklas for the most part since I want nothing to do with that run-by-a-bunch-of-jackarses league.

But…this, the Coyotes/Bettman’s continued failing is my personal schadenfreude.

I’m getting pleasure in seeing teams, especially this one, failing financially coming off the lock-out. It’s awesome. I hope they sell the team for $99 million.

Posted by ElCapitan on 02/01/13 at 01:42 PM ET