Report- Mediator Will Be Involved With Wednesday’s CBA Meeting

added 2:26pm,

added 3;12pm,

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

This should be interesting, especially if you believe some of the media that say both sides are closer than they/we think.
Either way if they cannot make some meaningful progress or at the very least momentum towards progress, I think it is a safe bet that the season is doomed.

Posted by Pulsar93 on 12/11/12 at 03:48 PM ET

yea, ths is definitely the last shot at it.  And for the first time in I am ok with it either way… if it takes a lost season to get fehr out of the nhl, as a fan i am ok with that.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 12/11/12 at 04:36 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

James Neal is Back at Practice with the Pens & Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Hear rumblings support staff called back/on standby for at least 2 NHL teams this week. Could be precautionary. “‘Hopes, don’t get up…”

Posted by Evilpens on 12/11/12 at 04:42 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

With how much Bill Daly is moping around about how he doesn’t see a point in all this but they’re going to try anyway, I’m more confident than not that a deal gets worked out soon.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/11/12 at 04:45 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

“We are in a different place now than we were a week ago today.”

It’s called shxt creek.

to get fehr out of the nhl

Sounds like maybe you don’t follow the league.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 12/11/12 at 07:47 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I have to agree.  Fehr has had virtually NO impact as of yet on the NHL.  None.  Bettman’s had 18 years and 3 lock-outs.  What has Fehr done to the NHL that he in particular needs to leave?

Honest question, no sarcasm.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 12/11/12 at 08:03 PM ET

Honest question, no sarcasm.

I guess it is more of what he has done to baseball that i am afraid of.  I was a huge baseball fan as a kid… and he has created a league that is absolutely no fun at all to watch from my teams perspective… which is sad.  No team, no matter who you follow should be out of the playoffs for the past 20 years.  That is not something i ever want to see happen with the NHL.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 12/11/12 at 09:09 PM ET

Maybe you should blame ownership that doesn’t give a damn about winning.

The Blue Jays haven’t made the playoffs since ‘94 but they’re still willing to spend money and try to win.  It’s not Donald Fehr’s fault your shitty team’s shitty ownership won’t spend money.

The A’s suck and spend jack squat but they’ve made the playoffs 6 times since 2000.

Stop blaming Donald Fehr for your team’s inability to do anything good and apathy towards its fanbase.

Posted by Garth on 12/12/12 at 01:11 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Maybe you should blame ownership that doesn’t give a damn about winning.

That’s the largest part of it, for sure.  The other part is that baseball lets eight out of thirty-two teams into the playoffs (though I think as of this year that number will be ten?) compared to sixteen out of thirty.  I, sadly, do not have the time to look it up right now but I dare say that if the NHL only allowed four teams per conference there would be a lot of teams with 20+ year droughts.

All in all, blaming Fehr for, and comparing the Pirate’s plight to anything NHL related, is like comparing whiny, bitter apples to illogical, deluded oranges.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 12/12/12 at 03:26 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Coincidently, the Pirates have the same ownership as the Blue Jackets.  McConnell.

I see your point GTL.  I don’t personally agree with it but I see where you’re coming from.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 12/12/12 at 05:21 PM ET

I don’t find it all coincidental that the people that are most vocal against Fehr tend to be Pirate fans. I think the anger is misplaced and should be aimed at the owners, but if the owners aren’t going to change then I guess Fehr makes the next best available target.

There’s got to be a cheap shot at the expense of the Leafs somewhere in that statement, but I can’t seem to find the sweet spot.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 12/12/12 at 06:32 PM ET