Report- Martin St. Louis Wants To Play With The Rangers

Tags: martin+st.+louis

Comments

Wow..

Posted by Jordan Miller on 02/26/14 at 06:24 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Well then.

Can we safely say this whole thing has blown up because of both parties now?

Posted by Primis on 02/26/14 at 06:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

And… wait.

If he’s only willing to go to one team, isn’t it safe to assume then that he’s been assured that said team has interest in him?  And isn’t that the very definition of player tampering?

Otherwise, would he blindly make a demand to be traded to one lone team and just HOPE he fit into their plans?

Posted by Primis on 02/26/14 at 06:32 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

^ I know what you’re saying but that’s a very, very big assumption, and absolutely nothing will come of this unless something indicates communication between NYR and MSL.

No reason why you can’t want to go to one team based on things you’ve heard over the years from players, your experiences playing in MSG etc. The fact that he lives in the area (CT) in the off-season is pretty darned persuasive, too.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 02/26/14 at 07:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

St. Louis does live in Greenwich, Conn, about 40 miles out of NYC.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/26/14 at 07:18 PM ET

hmm, so I guess winning another cup is not one of those bucket list items for MSL then.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/26/14 at 07:45 PM ET

There has to be something more involved here for it to be this nasty this quick, right?

Posted by Chris M on 02/26/14 at 07:49 PM ET

I don’t think so… I think it is just the anger of being left off the Olympic roster twice.  I do not understand the Rangers aspect, but I certainly understand the ‘screw you’ aspect he is coming from.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/26/14 at 08:08 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Chris M, I feel the same way. G2L, I just can’t imagine someone that I’ve always read is the consummate professional acting like this, punishing his teammates and fans while also lessening his chance at a cup.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 02/26/14 at 08:15 PM ET