Record Crowd For Outdoor Hockey Game

The Big Chill at the Big House has sold 105,585 tickets for game between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University.

The game is on December 11th at 3:00pm.

Who’s going?

image

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, College Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: michigan+state+university, university+of+michigan

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

Been a U/M season ticket holder for 7 years, and I will be bundled up in the Big House.

BTW: anybody local to A.A. who has never experienced a Michigan Hockey game at Yost Arena, really should see a game there sometime. It’s an old style barn that holds only 6,500-7,000 and with the Band and the students section, it’s a great time. Also, there are quite a few NHL draft picks playing for U/M.

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/18/10 at 11:08 PM ET

pomthillips's avatar

I’m going.  Between friends, family, and myself, we have 15 tickets for the game.  I live about 2 minutes from the stadium, so I’m very excited to do some cold weather tailgating and outdoor hockey-watching.

DR Dan…I love the game experience at Yost.  I had season tickets while a student…Word is, they’re installing HD video screens at Yost in 2011-2012 (which I really don’t think will detract from the old style feel in Yost one bit).

Paul, are YOU going?

Posted by pomthillips from Ann Arbor, Michigan on 10/18/10 at 11:49 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’ll be there. Don’t have a clue where our tickets are tho. Goin with some UM friends, but it doesn’t really matter to me who wins. I just wanna see a good game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/19/10 at 12:06 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I wish I could be there. Maybe one day, when I move back…

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 10/19/10 at 12:08 AM ET

Sadie's avatar

I wish I were going.  If anyone has a couple tickets to sell, let me know…

Posted by Sadie from Ann Arbor, MI on 10/19/10 at 01:13 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Oh what the Wings/Hawks Outdoor Classic could have been.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 10/19/10 at 08:40 AM ET

german_wing's avatar

i’m a bit sad to read that, since it’ll take the world record away from the opener of the hockey wc 2010 in germany.

don’t get me wrong, i’m happy for you guys.
just think about this: i guess it’s fairly easy to round up 100k ppl for a game like this, especially in the states/in michigan (!).

but it’s an effin miracle to have close to 80k attending a HOCKEY game in GERMANY ...

so i just wish we could’ve gotten to enjoy that record for at least a year or so.

lots of fun to anyone who’ll be going there!

Posted by german_wing from Toronto, Canada on 10/23/10 at 01:58 PM ET