Reaction To Nash Comments

via Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic,

Nash, a former player and current broadcaster with Fox Sports Arizona, called Torres’ hit on Hossa “as clean of a hit as you’re going to get” during Tuesday’s game.

Since then, Nash has received death threats and a slew of insults via Twitter.

The Blackhawks were upset, as were their fans. Nash, who once played for Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville with the St. Louis Blues, told “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000 in Chicago that he received death threats for calling the play a clean hit. Nash recanted those remarks after viewing more replays of the incident.

I am glad to hear Nash recanted from his original call and I can understand he probably got caught up in the play.  Watch the original call from the Phoenix broadcast crew if you missed it last night.

added 3:12pm, from Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago,

“You have to love the Twitter world,” Nash told “The Waddle and Silvy Show” Wednesday morning on ESPN 1000. “I had a few people mentioning they’ll be meeting me for breakfast, so we’ll see how that goes.”

The Coyotes won 3-2 in overtime, and lead the series 2-1. Game 4 is Thursday night in Chicago.

Nash said he told Coyotes personnel about the threats.

“I mentioned it to our guy,” Nash said. “It’s fine, it’s fine. It is what it is.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Phoenix Coyotes, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: tyson+nash

Comments

is this America anymore?

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 04/18/12 at 04:57 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

At first I was outraged, then I remembered that Tyson Nash is an idiot.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/18/12 at 05:00 PM ET

Seriously, death threats? These are the Hate Playoffs!

Posted by timbits on 04/18/12 at 05:02 PM ET

The people making death threats are the ones against violence. Am I correct on that one? Hard to keep score with the amount of stupidity going on.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 04/18/12 at 05:12 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Anyone have a different link to the Phoenix feed? I can’t update this machine at work to Flash 11.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/18/12 at 05:17 PM ET

Zaze's avatar

At first I was outraged, then I remembered that Tyson Nash is an idiot.

Posted by Zaze on 04/18/12 at 06:06 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Waddle and Silvy?  Are these guys for real with these names?

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 04/18/12 at 06:14 PM ET

Nash recanted those remarks after viewing more replays of the incident.

Ahh, I guess the dozen replays he was watching in super slo-mo when he made his retarded remarks didn’t offer the same angles as the ones everyone else watched.

Posted by Garth on 04/18/12 at 06:44 PM ET

How was that hit any different then any of Nick kronwall’s hits? people are outraged because Hossa got hurt. If Hossa jumps up and skates off no one cares.

Posted by Jason on 04/19/12 at 11:11 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

How was that hit any different then any of Nick kronwall’s hits?

If you don’t already know, then there’s no point in trying to explain it to you.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/19/12 at 12:16 PM ET

JJ you stalking me?? LOL We just disagree. I’ve seen way worse hits then torres hit including the one I posted yesterday.

get over it.

Posted by Jason on 04/19/12 at 12:26 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

We’ve seen worse hits from Raffi Torres.

...which is a huge part of the problem.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/19/12 at 12:39 PM ET