Quite The Exit Day For Dan Boyle

from Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News,

Boyle’s previously impressive career skidded in the Big Apple and ended appropriately with coach Alain Vigneault healthy scratching Boyle in the Rangers’ Game 5 elimination loss to the Penguins on Saturday.

So Boyle took it out on the media, insisting he would not begin his interview until Brooks left the vicinity.

“I don’t want you here. I don’t f---ing respect you,” Boyle said, making sure everyone else in the room heard. “I have no respect for you.”

Brooks replied: “You know what? The feeling’s mutual.”

Boyle lashed out: “At least I’m leaving here with the respect of my teammates, instead of f---ing somebody like you that tries to bury somebody. That’s all you do. I don’t want you here. I have no respect for you. I want you to get the f--- out. I can tell you to get the f--- out if I want to. I want him out and the other f---ing clown, Brett, whatever the f--- his name is, where’s he at?”

added 4:08pm, video of the incident below via CSNBayArea (autoplay).

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dan+boyle

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

“I don’t want you here. I don’t f—-ing respect you,” Boyle said, making sure everyone else in the room heard. “I have no respect for you.”

Kind of ironic, I suppose.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/26/16 at 03:39 PM ET

Man, would love a “cell phone” video of this lmao

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/26/16 at 04:12 PM ET

Paul's avatar

One better P, video added while you were typing.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/16 at 04:13 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

The thing I wonder is, Boyle keeps telling him to go.  Does Boyle actually have that right?  I mean, if the PR guy was standing there and he wanted Brooks gone he definitely would have stepped in and told him to go.

The last part of the video, Boyle: “Is it not my right?”  (about telling him to go).  Good question!!!

Posted by TreKronor on 04/26/16 at 04:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No he doesn’t TK unless Brooks caused an issue which he did not.

Boyle could though have not answered any of his questions.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/16 at 04:22 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Good to know, thanks Paul.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/26/16 at 04:30 PM ET

I respect anyone who publicly disses Brooks.

Also I like the “if you’d asked me politely” BS.

Posted by Garth on 04/26/16 at 04:49 PM ET

THANKS PAUL!

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/26/16 at 05:32 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I have much appreciation for someone saying what they think, not filter, no PC sanitized BS.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/26/16 at 06:00 PM ET