Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 05/22/14 at 09:45 AM ET
from Martin Merk of IIHF.com,
Some major proposals that will be individually discussed and voted on include:
- to standardize the dimensions of the ice surface
- to move the goal line closer to the end of the rink (from 4 to 3.3 metres)
- to move the blue line in order to standardize and also increase the offensive zones
- to remove the “cheater piece” of goalkeepers’ catching gloves
- to double the penalty for goalkeeper interference to 2+2 minutes
- to penalize any deliberate grabbing, twisting or holding of an opponent’s head with a major penalty
- to forbid base drums at ice rinks in addition to air horns and whistles already mentioned in the current rule book.
- that goalkeepers cannot freeze the puck if the shot originates from outside the blue line
There will also be controversial major rule proposals for discussions such as proposals to reinstate the red-line offside or to introduce touch icing.
a bit more...
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com