Pronger Updates His Health Status

via Sam Carchidi of Broad Street Bull,

In a conference call with reporters Thursday, Pronger said he was not quite over the virus and “I don’t know what’s going on.”

Pronger’s surgery was his fifth in 16 months. He said most of them werefluky, caused by getting hit with pucks, and implied he wasn’t breaking down because of his age.

The Flyers said he will be back in a little less than four weeks. Pronger said it could be three to six weeks.

If the Flyers were playing in the Cup Finals, Pronger said, he would not have had the surgery and would have played through the pain. He wants to be 100 percent for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

As for the virus, Pronger said he has been experiencing headaches and nausea like never before; he revealed he passed a concussion test.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: chris+pronger

Comments

phillyd's avatar

His virus sounds eerily similar to something that affected Jeremy Maclin of the Eagles and it took almost 5 months for him to feel normal again.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 12/01/11 at 02:27 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Of Course it’s Not Old Age you DIMWIT !!

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 02:31 PM ET

“The Flyers concussion specialists may not be the best in the world” - E Lindros

Posted by Jerry on 12/01/11 at 02:52 PM ET

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 12:31 PM ET

You are just the worst.

Posted by Garth on 12/01/11 at 03:00 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 12:31 PM ET

You are just the worst.

Posted by Garth on 12/01/11 at 01:00

I cringe every time I see he’s posted something.  Never adds anything, all that comes out is garbage.  I hate that he’s a fan of my favorite hockey team…

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 12/01/11 at 03:03 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Glad to make your Dimwitted Days Brighter, he’s 35 & says it not age that is breaking him down, Just a few weird bounces/injuries, Take it from someone who is 47 ! age plays a huge role in your injuries

awwww & flash why don’t you go back to to your Underoos pic of being Flash it so suits your Mentality

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 03:21 PM ET

That Evilpens hasn’t been outright IP banned at this point is nothing short of astounding. Never adds anything to discussions and is here soley to troll. Seriously dude get a life.

Posted by Realmk from Boston on 12/01/11 at 03:27 PM ET

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 01:21 PM ET

you’re 47?! No freaking way… Have you moved out of your parents basement yet?

Posted by pstumba on 12/01/11 at 03:29 PM ET

You’re 47?

Jesus.

Also, 47 is a long way from 35.  And guess what?  When you’re a hockey player and you get hit by a 90+ MPH puck, any injury you get is going to be from the puck, and not from age because a 19 year old is going to get injuried by it too if it hits you in the right place.

Posted by Garth on 12/01/11 at 03:33 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Yeah.  I’m way more childish than you are…

Posted by Realmk from Boston on 12/01/11 at 01:27 PM ET

This.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 12/01/11 at 03:36 PM ET

Evilpens is the sole reason that I want a feature to block users.  Unless something major changes, that’ll be the only person going on my ignore/block list.  I suspect that the only reason Paul hasn’t already banned them for their despicable commentary (trolling, derogatory, profane, sexist, you name it) is that Paul is anti-censorship.

I agree with Paul’s decision to let him stay thus far, but I would understand if he eventually changed his mind.  I also strongly look forward to the launch of the new feature.  I’m actually considering staying away from the comment sections until it happens.  I’d say I’d stay away from the site altogether, but I know I can’t do that.  But it really does detract from the website that much that I would even CONSIDER such a thing.

Posted by GregAnnapolis on 12/01/11 at 03:37 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Is Patrick Eaves’ injury from getting hit in the jaw by a slapshot also age related?  I’m asking you, as a 47 year old manchild.   No Genius ! But wear & tear on the Knees playing 25 + Minutes a Game adds up & you see the results !

His Recent injuries except getting a stick right near the eye are not like that

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 03:48 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Realmk so the Twat Waffle from BAHSTAHN who can’t take 10 seconds to register wants me gone

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 03:49 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Also go find Adam Carolla on you age of Occutards & what makes you like that

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 03:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Easy on the name calling boys.  That is one thing I really can’t digest very well.

If you have a problem with certain comments, just avoid responding, that normally works.

Regarding IP, we have had email discussions in the past, and yes at times he is harsh, but I really don’t think he is trolling baiting, etc.

Maybe one day he will turn on the charm and surprise some of you.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/01/11 at 03:55 PM ET

With all due respect Paul, its pretty obvious isn’t it? At least it is to the rest of us.

Posted by Realmk from Boston on 12/01/11 at 04:00 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Wow Imagine that Concept Huh Guys? did you ever think of that before Paul told you?

Posted by Evilpens on 12/01/11 at 04:03 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

It’s not age catching up with Pronger so much as it’s accumulated evil.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/01/11 at 04:11 PM ET

Age and an over-inflated ego that still thinks it can play like he did with the B’Lose.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 12/01/11 at 04:13 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Paul, I have to disagree with you on this one.  Quite frankly, I would not be surprised if he “turn[ed] on the charm”, I would be flat out distrustful.  His posts are the epitome of trolling.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 12/01/11 at 04:14 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Forlorn, I will say he does walk a fine line at times.

Maybe I just know him a little better than you folks do.  Normally when I have an email exchange with someone who is trolling, they really don’t care to hear what I am telling them, and boom, they are gone.

With EP it is different, we actually have discussed other things beside hockey.

Maybe he will ease up a bit after seeing this, we will see.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/01/11 at 04:21 PM ET

Yes, and CLEARLY, if you read the article, he wasn’t talking about his knees.  See how he said MOST were FLUKY, caused by getting hit by pucks?

Not age.

Pucks have nothing to do with age.  Get it?

Also go find Adam Carolla on you age of Occutards & what makes you like that

Anyone care to attempt a translation?

His posts are the epitome of trolling.

This.  100%.

Posted by Garth on 12/01/11 at 04:21 PM ET

I’m sorry, but…

Posted by Realmk from Boston on 12/01/11 at 02:00 PM ET

but I really don’t think he is trolling baiting, etc.
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/01/11 at 01:55 PM ET

People, he’s just an idiot. I agree with Paul that he’s not trolling.

Posted by NathanBC on 12/01/11 at 04:27 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/01/11 at 02:11 PM ET

This is perhaps the truest thing I’ve ever read here.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/01/11 at 02:21 PM ET

It’s your show, Paul.  I was just giving my (totally unsolicited) opinion.  I put him on my “Do Not Engage” list a few days ago, so I likely won’t respond to him directly.  That being said, if we had the ability to block other users, I would definitely use it to block him.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 12/01/11 at 05:38 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

uhhhhhhh….what’s a twat waffle?

Posted by wolverine on 12/01/11 at 06:27 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Garth, Carolla had a rant about the first wave of participation trophy winners who have got out into the real world and found out there are no more participation trophies, you have to bring it.  You asked, there it is.

I agre with JJ, if it’s not evil then it’s Karma.

still trying to figure out how this turned into a flame EP thread.  Don’t like it, ignore it.  I ignore a lot of his shit, and a lot leaves me shaking my head.. but there are plenty of genuinely bad or mean people out there and he’s definitely not one of them.  Really an insignificant thing to complain about.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 12/01/11 at 10:27 PM ET