Pronger Can’t Do That

from CBC,

Don Cherry wasn’t too happy with Chris Pronger’s Sean Avery imitation on Friday.

The Philadelphia Flyers defenceman used an unorthodox way of screening Calgary goalie Miikka Kiprusoff during overtime, waving his hand in front of the netminder’s face, and the Flyers scored seconds later.

But the goal was waved off and Pronger got a penalty, setting the stage for Calgary’s win in a shootout.

Cherry told Hockey Night in Canada viewers on Saturday that the veteran defenceman should have known better.

“This is beneath a guy like Chris,” he said on his Coach’s Corner segment. “You cannot have him doing this stuff.”

continued and watch Coach’s Corner there or watch it below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: chris+pronger

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

Pronger can’t do that ...unless he’s on Team Canada ...

can someone tell me why we still listen to this xenophobic moron?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/28/10 at 01:14 AM ET

pucked up's avatar

can someone tell me why we still listen to this xenophobic moron?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 11/27/10 at 10:14 PM ET

For the same reason we eat a turkey sandwich on a big ass kaiser roll an hour after Thanksgiving dinner.  We know it’s gonna make us sick but we hope against hope that for the first time it won’t turn into instant sh*t once we ingest it.

I disagree with the penalty but then again I didn’t lose any sleep over it. It was the whistle delay that rooked me off.  The NHL spokesperson can issue all the boilerplate words he wants about policies and protocol, but there’s just no getting around the downtime from infraction to call as being the same byproduct as a turkey sandwich on a big ass kaiser roll an hour after Thanksgiving dinner.

Posted by pucked up on 11/28/10 at 01:50 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

“This is beneath a guy like Chris,” he said on his Coach’s Corner segment.

Perfect.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 11/28/10 at 02:27 AM ET

Alan's avatar

“Pronger physics” proves that nothing is below Chris Pronger.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/28/10 at 02:35 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Posted by The Hurricane on 11/28/10 at 04:17 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I preface this with the statement that I think Grapes is the greatest hockey personality ever.

“If you have a guy on your team do that, you have a jerk do it and not a guy like Pronger…”

uhm… Grapes… for once I think you’re getting a little mentally myopic.

As far as the rules go, I think if the hand is out of the crease, it’s a worthy screen, kudos for Sean for pioneering it.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 11/28/10 at 07:58 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Yes, yes, yes. Love him or hate him, he is who he is. I have been watching Grapes for what seems like forever. Keep er’ going Don and Ron.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/28/10 at 11:27 AM ET

The old goat has a point this time. Probably the first thing he has said this season that made a bit of sense.

Posted by timbits on 11/28/10 at 02:01 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Hey who you callin’ an old goat? smile

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 11/30/10 at 05:03 AM ET