Predators Now Must Go In Another Direction

from Josh Cooper of The Tennessean,

“I think disappointment would not adequately describe the word I would like to choose,” Predators general manager David Poile said. “Disappointed and little surprised based on all the conversations we’ve had.”

Poile said the Predators were not given last chance to match the Wild’s reported offer of 13 years at $98 million.

“We asked him what the reason was and he said it was for family reasons,” Poile said.

“Our attention turns to our captain Shea Weber and the player we want to build our franchise around and see if we can talk to he and his representative about a longer term contract with the Predators,” Poile said.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Poor Josh Cooper and David Poile.

HAHAHA. Wow…and I thought us Wing fans were moping…

I can’t believe anyone in Nashville thought they had a prayer in hell in keeping Rinne, Weber, AND Suter.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/04/12 at 04:23 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Nashville can’t keep their UFA’s. Never have been able to AND for 98mil. Minnesota can have Suter. Rediculous. Lidstrom should come out of retirement; he’d get 130 mil for 13. Oh, and feck Poile and feck Cooper. Tools.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 07/04/12 at 04:29 PM ET

Someone needs to send a 1-year, league max offer sheet Weber’s way.

Posted by Garth on 07/04/12 at 04:39 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Someone needs to send a 1-year, league max offer sheet Weber’s way.

Posted by
              Garth

on
              07/04/12 at 02:39 PM ET

I love this idea. Put the ‘ol stake in the heart, if you will.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 07/04/12 at 04:40 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

Wow I had a messed up dream.  Was listening to the radio while sleeping, and heard about Parise and Suter signing with Minnesota.  In my dream as a result, Nashville couldn’t resign Weber without Suter.  So I dreamed that they ended up trading Weber to the Canucks for Edler and a cpl picks. Woke up thinking we had weber, then realized it didn’t happen.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 07/04/12 at 05:58 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

lol, now on the radio they talkin about deals involving trading weber for edler Plus other assets.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 07/04/12 at 06:17 PM ET