Pittsburgh may have run rampshod over Minny, but they’ve lost Maatta for the year

The wheels may be coming off the train in Minnesota, which dropped a 7-2 decision to Pittsburgh on Tuesday evening...

But Mike Yeo isn't the coach who had to deal with the hardest news on Tuesday evening:

Thyroid cancer, mumps and now shoulder surgery. Bad year to be Olli Maatta.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: minnesota+wild, olli+maatta, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

TeamDub's avatar

Hate to quibble, but it’s “ramshod.”

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 01/14/15 at 08:21 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Who taught me that maceration, then? Dammit, sorry!

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/14/15 at 08:25 AM ET

PDXWing's avatar

Do you mean roughshod? I don’t think either of you is correct.

Posted by PDXWing on 01/14/15 at 08:40 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I think it gets the point across.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/14/15 at 10:46 AM ET

I think it gets the point across.

Exactly.  It means that Pittsburgh rolled over and lost to Minny, right?

Posted by Garth on 01/14/15 at 11:11 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I think Yeo gets fired today.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/14/15 at 11:38 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

that was prety much known in Pittsburgh that he was done for season a good while ago

Posted by Evilpens on 01/14/15 at 12:08 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Exactly.  It means that Pittsburgh rolled over and lost to Minny, right?

Posted by Garth on 01/14/15 at 10:11 AM ET

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/14/15 at 12:34 PM ET