Phaneuf Out At Least A Month

via Darren Dreger tweet,

Phaneuf suffered a deep cut last night. Burke says he’s out at least 4 weeks.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dion+phaneuf

Comments

Da lil Guy's avatar

I gotta ask…

How does the guy get cut so deep on his leg that he’ll miss a month, and manage not to bleed at all?

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 11/03/10 at 02:10 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

BOOOOOOO!

/With apologies to Brian Burke

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/03/10 at 02:16 PM ET

Posted by Da lil Guy from Ottawa on 11/03/10 at 12:10 PM ET

You were in the dressing room with him after it happened?

Posted by NathanBC on 11/03/10 at 03:36 PM ET

I’m just speculating, but I watched the game & the replays look like he caught a skate from a player that was falling down - maybe the cut was higher up on his leg or in his (gulp!) groin area and therefore not really visible on TV ?

Posted by mc keeper on 11/03/10 at 04:29 PM ET

SK77's avatar

I had my leg gouged really bad once and it was an absolute gusher. Almost all the blood was soaked up by my socks, some into my knee pad, and ... the rest poured into my skate. The skate was absolutely disgusting and I ended up throwing them out.

Not a lot hit the ice – doesn’t mean I didn’t bleed bad though.

Posted by SK77 on 11/03/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Puck's avatar

Hmm, I hadn’t noticed that Phaneuf even started the season.

Posted by Puck from San Francisco, CA on 11/03/10 at 04:40 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Mere curiosity on my part - I don’t mean to start any conspiracy theories.

I do not mean to suggest that Phaneuf is not actually cut any more than I mean to suggest he is a robot from the future sent back in time to protect Elisha Cuthbert from Sean Avery.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 11/03/10 at 06:48 PM ET