Patrick Roy makes his return to the NHL, has a tiff with Bruce Boudreau

Oh dear, it looks like Patrick Roy is indeed back in the NHL, and he had a wee tiff with Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau at the end of the Colorado Avalanche's 6-1 win over Anaheim:

Why was he upset?

And what did he say after the game?

And the response?

Update: Oh look, Corey Perry:

update 8:51am, added a video, not that good, of the hit from Lovejoy on MacKinnon, watch below...

Boudreau postgame...

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: anaheim+ducks, bruce+boudreau, colorado+avalanche, nathan+mackinnon, patrick+roy

Comments

The Hurricane's avatar

WOW….Dater’s going to come out of menopause over this…..
#estrogenisflowinginColorado

Posted by The Hurricane on 10/02/13 at 11:58 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

The circle is now complete.  http://youtu.be/oJhLJicZU1E?t=6m23s

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 10/03/13 at 02:00 AM ET

RhymeTimeWingsDings's avatar

ASSHOLES, ASSHOLES, ASSHOLES.  Poor camera man.

Posted by RhymeTimeWingsDings on 10/03/13 at 07:53 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Adrain Dater at All Things Avs on the game…

If you’re competing against Patrick Roy and you try to intimidate him or his team, that’s exactly what is going to be the response. Talk some trash against him, and Roy will often talk it right back. Unless he already feels pity for you, knows he’s already got you beat, in which case he usually just laughs or gives a wink.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/03/13 at 08:04 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

Oh, boy… I wonder how thats gonna work out if he acts like that in Detroit

Posted by Zqto on 10/03/13 at 08:14 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

What?  That didnt see like a laugh or a smile, and he had them pretty beaten, as in 6 to 1 beaten…  Try harder to idolize that bastard, huh?

Posted by Zqto on 10/03/13 at 08:16 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

It didn’t really look like Roy was “talking trash” back to Perry. It just looked like he kept yelling “eff you” at him until Boudreau caught his attention.

If I’m coaching against this guy, I don’t even think I have to tell my players that they should pester the Colorado bench every chance they get. It’s going to be great for the youngsters developing there to constantly watch their hothead coach lose his temper.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/03/13 at 08:18 AM ET

igrover's avatar

And so the clown show in Denver begins.  Wonder what will happen will the Dives are on the down side of a 6-1 score.  Grab some popcorn and watch the fireworks.

Posted by igrover on 10/03/13 at 08:49 AM ET

aerodude's avatar

The Dive and the Divas… Why didn’t a meteor hit the Pepsi Center last night again?

Posted by aerodude on 10/03/13 at 09:06 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

And the pussified Perry starts the season in prime form too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/03/13 at 09:17 AM ET

If I ask my players to be intense I have to do that too

Why?

You’re asking them to skate and stickhandle and shoot and score and block shots and hit and make saves, does that mean you have to do that too?  If so, I look forward to the first time he jumps on the ice and tries to score.

Posted by Garth on 10/03/13 at 09:24 AM ET

pautna's avatar

You nailed it J.J.!

Posted by pautna on 10/03/13 at 09:35 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

We all predicted Roy in Denver as coach would be a complete circus and shitshow. And so it begins.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/03/13 at 09:59 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Ahhhhh, it’s good to have hockey back.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 10/03/13 at 11:55 AM ET

RhymeTimeWingsDings's avatar

Perry with the water bottle is classic on so many different levels.

Posted by RhymeTimeWingsDings on 10/03/13 at 02:04 PM ET