Ovechkin After The Game

from Dan Rosen of NHL.com,

A shocked Ovechkin met the media in front of his stall inside the somber Capitals’ dressing room at Verizon Center following Montreal’s 2-1 win in Game 7 on Wednesday night. Here is what the captain had to say:

Q: What does this feel like?

Ovechkin: “I think we’re all disappointed, but I have nothing to say right now.”

Q: How difficult was it trying to solve Halak over the last couple of games?

Ovechkin: “I think he played great. I don’t have words to say something on Halak. I think everybody is disappointed.”

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alexander+ovechkin

Comments

Clearly this was a conspiracy by the NHL to get Ovechkin out of the play offs.  The Washington Ovechkins were clearly the better team.  And how about that high sticking call at in the last two minutes?  Clearly designed for Washington to lose since they only scored one power play goal in the series, the refs knew if they put the Ovechkins on the power play the Ovechkins would lose the game!

Posted by old on 04/29/10 at 01:56 AM ET

lol

Posted by chase from la on 04/29/10 at 04:40 AM ET

that “lol” was at ovechkin’s comments, not “Old”‘s

Posted by chase from la on 04/29/10 at 04:42 AM ET

That was a really awful penalty to call at that point in time.  Posturing for overtime.

Posted by stoneman from vegas on 04/29/10 at 04:55 AM ET

Backstrom: “Changes are needed next year…”

Ovechkin: “I don’t know.  I don’t know.  I don’t know.”

If they are smart, they give Backstrom the C next year, he’s captain material.

Posted by scurvy_blllaaarrrgh from Chicago on 04/29/10 at 09:26 AM ET

I don’t know how much of this I pin on Ovechkin, obviously he has to take some of the blame because he sure would take a large part of the credit for them winning. At least he seemed to accept that the disallowed goal is a moot point, and not looking for an excuse, he just doesn’t have the answers.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 04/29/10 at 11:32 AM ET