Open Post- Nashville/Phoenix Game 1, WCSF

A little early on the post, but I need a bit of a break so posting this now.  Hopefully I will be back with a post-game post, but if not, it is because I am sound asleep.

Not sure why, but I keep thinking Nashville is the home team in this series, but they are not.

Puck drops just after 9:00pm ET on NBCSN, TSN and RDS.

Both teams coming in with hot goalies and the ability to score when needed.

Will those traits hold up this round, we are about to find out.

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Will either team be able to score?

Posted by timbits on 04/27/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Yep

Posted by timbits on 04/27/12 at 11:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I noticed lots of empty seats cleverly fitted with white shirts to give the appearance of a filled arena.

Could be due to the early start.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/12 at 11:53 PM ET

Looks full now.

Posted by timbits on 04/28/12 at 01:14 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

A Lebrun tweet says they were all sold out but he estimates there to be about 2k less people than that would indicate.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 04/28/12 at 01:50 AM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

The Dogs find a way to get it done again. Whats up with them always giving up that late tying goal?!

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 04/28/12 at 02:28 AM ET

aaron in phoenix's avatar

Posted by Ducksworth

This has been going on all season. At least it wasnt in the last minute of the game this time. The Yotes are never safe with a one goal lead. And the pressure is always in their end in the last minute too. I wish they’d push back.

What do you think of this hit? Any discipline coming? Probably not, Gordon isn’t a star.

Also, still waiting on hearing something about this hit on another one of our “non-star” players.

Posted by aaron in phoenix from Section 102 on 04/28/12 at 06:23 PM ET

aaron in phoenix's avatar

Posted by SolidTG7 on 04/27/12 at 11:50 PM ET

yeah, I think it was an official sell out. There were empty seats there, but I think ticket brokers, and stub hub had tickets left. They do technically count as sold though.

The crowd was great though, not many Nashville fans there. Which is nice, because the arena gets filled with opposing fans when we play DET/CHI/STL orany western Canada team. These were mostly Coyote fans.

Why do people do the wave though? SMH

Posted by aaron in phoenix from Section 102 on 04/28/12 at 06:27 PM ET

KelseyAnn's avatar

I was at the game and yes, it was sort of empty at the beginning but unfortunately anyone that doesn’t live on the west side has to fight rush hour traffic to get there, and it’s hard sometimes even with a 7pm start much less a 6pm start. For example, from where I live, on a weekday I can’t leave my place any later than 5 if I want to make it by 7:00…between fighting traffic, parking, etc. And I only live 35 minutes away without traffic. In fact, since I work in downtown Phoenix, if I ever go to a weekday game I’ll just leave for Glendale right from the office and not even try to go home first. Kind of sucks and definitely a reason they don’t fill up the arena a lot in the regular season.

As the first period went on it filled up and by the second period it was damn near full. And there were only a handful of Preds fans, could probably count them on my hands

Posted by KelseyAnn from we have an NHL team here?, Arizona on 04/28/12 at 06:59 PM ET