Open Post- Three NHL Playoff Games Today

The St. Louis Blues can wrap up their series today, if not, we will have a game 7 on Monday.

The other two series today are tied at two games.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

I don’t want to sound like a neanderthal or a misogynistic pig, but why is this chic on the brodcast ???

A 3 person booth does not work in hockey. There is not enough down time like there is in baseball. Her analysis seems forced and adds nothing to game.

sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/20/19 at 03:35 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Her analysis seems forced and adds nothing to game.

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/20/19 at 03:35 PM ET

You’re spot on with that comment, DRD. I mute her every single time she comes on. But I also do the same thing to Brian Boucher and Ray Ferraro. All three of them sound like they’re reading from a script.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/20/19 at 03:52 PM ET

I checked out some of the broadcast and I thought the things she said were on par with the guy who was between the glass. I can tell the play-by-play man is Chris Cuthbert, but don’t recognize the other two voices.

For the amount of airtime they get it shouldn’t really matter much…at least they are nowhere near as annoying as Pierre McGuire is.

Posted by Iggy_Rules_JR on 04/20/19 at 03:58 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Is it weird that the game in STL starts before the game in WSH? I mean, in STL it’ll be 6pm local start time (60 to 90 min earlier than normal) and in WSH it’ll be 30 to 60 min later than normal. I get that it’s Saturday, and it’s not a complaint, but just seems an odd choice by the schedule making ppl.

Posted by Steeb on 04/20/19 at 04:43 PM ET

I hate to say this because talent is talent, there is nothing inherently wrong with a woman doing color or play by play in men’s hockey - the reverse is sure true in woman’s sports - and there are plenty of really annoying announcers who are men (usually shouting loudmouth homer types).

But I’ve got to admit I struggle with her voice and comments too. I just find the particular sound of it hard to listen to and distracting. And the insights seem like mostly a slight restatement of what was just said or else something really obvious. Like when Nashville is whacking away in front of Bishop down 5-3: “Predators showing a little more grit and urgency here”. It’s not a radio broadcast; we can see the action.

Posted by lefty.30 on 04/20/19 at 06:18 PM ET

Meant to say: men sure do a lot of women’s sports so on general, fair is fair.

Posted by lefty.30 on 04/20/19 at 06:20 PM ET

Alan's avatar

The Blues have played extremely well tonight thus far…

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/20/19 at 09:42 PM ET

That’s a pretty shitty, misogynistic thing to say for someone who doesn’t want to sound like a misogynistic pig.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/20/19 at 10:10 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

holy crap ... I suck ... its like I haven’t watched a single game all season.

Of the 4 series now complete I am 0-4.

Can I blame this on climate change ??

LMAO

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 04/20/19 at 10:29 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/20/19 at 10:10 PM ET

What he said was the absolute truth. He’s not the only one who thinks she’s lousy at what she does.

And here’s a newsflash for you, CharDee, it’s still okay to say a woman is lousy at something when she’s actually lousy at something. Only someone who’s more worried about being politically correct than being honest would stop themself from speaking the truth.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/21/19 at 12:34 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Boy am I glad I missed the bitchfest last night!  wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/21/19 at 08:03 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Somebody had to say it…..  wink  It’s about her body of work which is not booth ready.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/21/19 at 08:10 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

She’s terrible, as is Larry Murphy.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/22/19 at 12:09 PM ET

The fact that he called her a “chic” is probably the most misogynistic part of the comment.

Posted by evileye on 04/22/19 at 02:16 PM ET