Open Post- Hockey In August

Our game is back and it will be interesting to see how quickly teams get into their playoff mode.  I imagine the quicker the better for all involved.

Today's schedule can be found here and feel free to use this post for all the games today.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs march is about to start.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

Well, so much for social distancing in the Carolina - Rangers game ... tongue wink

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/01/20 at 12:18 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Present.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 12:28 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy all.
What a horrible picture. Having flashbacks of watching games on channel 50 and trying to twist the aluminum foil in the best way possible. Get your poop in a group NBC. Rant over. PS. You can walk on my lawn if ya have beer.  wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 08/01/20 at 12:40 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

..What a horrible picture

I am watching on my Roku via the NBC sports app and the picture is NOT the best HD quality.

I stream games on my Roku from the NHL app and those games are crystal clear.

My conspiracy theory is this: NBC’s parent company is Comcast. My guess is they would prefer you watch (and pay extra) via the HD tier of cable service.

I watch Wings games via the Fox sports app and the picture is stunning. NBC is intentionally using a lesser quality codec to stream….. sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/01/20 at 12:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m trying to watch on my home tv via spectrum cable. The exhibition games on NHL Network were fine during the week. Today? Not too good.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 08/01/20 at 12:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Sportsurge.net…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 01:05 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Great picture.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 01:05 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Thanks Kate,!!
I’m watching a Sportsnet HD quality stream. As a bonus, It’s in French!!...so NO NBC talking heads.  cheese

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/01/20 at 01:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

You are most welcome DRD. I like the French option too. Been using this site for a few years now.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 02:23 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Let’s Go Red W…. oh wait never mind.

It’s looking good on Youtube TV, though I did have to manually select the higher-resolution stream.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/01/20 at 02:30 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Any chance during the off-season the wings can pull the O’l switcheroo with the Svechnikov brothers.????  tongue laugh

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/01/20 at 02:37 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Oilers-Cawks coming up….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 03:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Mike Smith wanderlust costs his team once again.
FWIW, NBC feed much better.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 08/01/20 at 03:42 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mike Smith….....

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 03:46 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

God I hate that Blackhawks goal song.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/01/20 at 03:47 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

19 + HD

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 08/01/20 at 03:49 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

AA played the fewest minutes of any Oiler forward…..on the plus side (no pun intended) his +/- is even, unlike mcdavids -3

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/01/20 at 04:06 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

God I hate that Blackhawks goal song.

So do , but there is a silver lining. If the Slackhawks win against the Oilers, they won’t have a chance at the number one pick. Also hoping Crybaby wins the first round. They can both lose after that. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 08/01/20 at 04:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Pulled him….. LOL  LOL  LOL

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/01/20 at 04:39 PM ET

Paul's avatar

6-2 Chicago over Edmonton after 40 minutes, Kubalik now has 5 points, 2 goals and 3 assists.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/01/20 at 05:02 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

It’s been truly disorienting sitting outside in 80 degree temps watching hockey, but I’m super glad to have the luxury.  What a great Saturday.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/01/20 at 06:45 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/01/20 at 07:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/01/20 at 07:17 PM ET

I forgot they undocked right around faceoff yesterday evening….

Splash! 2:48 pm today…...

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 08/02/20 at 09:05 AM ET