Open Post- Game 5, Western Conference Final

The game starts just after 8:00pm ET and is on NBCSN, CBC and RDS.

With a win, the Los Angeles Kings will be in the Stanley Cup Final but Chicago may have something to say about that.

Expect the Blackhawks to take an early lead, settle in, then the Kings will make it a game and find a way to celebrate on Chicago's ice.

Enjoy!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

grin

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 06:48 PM ET

“Expect the Blackhawks to take an early lead, ... “

check.

1-0, Chi

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:13 PM ET

2-0, Chi

16:23 to go in the 1st

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:18 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Good to see the officials are doing their best to not influence the outcome of the game shut eye

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/28/14 at 07:28 PM ET

2-1 at 10:11

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:31 PM ET

3-1 at 8:54

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:32 PM ET

3-2

... are you keeping up?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:39 PM ET

phew

... and of the 1st, 3-2, Chi.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 07:50 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Good hockey. Keep the zebras in check

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/28/14 at 08:01 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

I have a question, and I’m not trying to be a turd or anything, but why do people post the score and time remaining in this open thread? If anyone is online and checking in on KK no doubt has also checked the score before or during. And those who aren’t checking KK or online are either watching the game or could give a rat’s rear.

It just struck me as odd since with Wings games we usually just discuss the game itself. It’s not like the CHI/LA game isn’t be broadcast in this country or something.

Again, not trying to be a jerk. I was just curious.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/28/14 at 08:12 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

smile

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 08:13 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

I am sure Gary B is very happy when these games don’t end early in the series…...lining his pocket with $$$$$$$$

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 08:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

WNYC, You almost answered your own question, people do follow the open post for the scores and comments and have even left comments stating that.

As I have jokes with SH in the past, all he needs is a microphone.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/28/14 at 08:18 PM ET

grin

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:20 PM ET

tied, 3-3, at 8:52 of the 2nd

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Chicago D can’t handle the Kings down low.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/28/14 at 08:27 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

LAK Captain Dustin Brown ties with an assist by Gaborik

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 08:28 PM ET

Chicago D can’t handle the Kings down low.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/28/14 at 09:27 PM ET

Doesn’t help when Seabrook makes the initial block then just hangs around the side of the net.  Someone else will take Brown and the loose puck I’m sure.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/28/14 at 08:29 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

(btw, WNYC - as you can see, if it weren’t for the score there doesn’t seem to be too much to say in these non-Wings game; it just ain’t the same not being able to harp on our own players ... then, of course, defend them to the hills when the trolls show-up.)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:30 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:30 PM ET

I mean no offense to anyone smile

I could totally harp on Kings, hawks, rags or habs…..but it kind of makes me feel empty inside if I can scream bloody murder about how lazy mule is.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/28/14 at 08:32 PM ET

4-3, kings go up by 1

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:32 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

LAK takes the lead 4-3

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 08:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I mean no offense to anyone

no offense taken

LOL

concur

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am sure WNYC, no offense taken by anyone.

Heck, I was going to ask when did Chicago get Kindl.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/28/14 at 08:36 PM ET

end of 2, 4-3 LAK

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 08:46 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

well this is turning to be an exciting game ....Chi, Smith Ties 4-4

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 09:06 PM ET

chi ties it to start the 3rd, 4-4

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:06 PM ET

next goal wins?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:08 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

lots of time…...

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 09:16 PM ET

PP for Chi ... this good be big

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:19 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... I mean, this could be big

4-on-4

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:21 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

great game so far.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 05/28/14 at 09:31 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

both goalies need to work on rebound control.  so many juicy rebounds this game

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 05/28/14 at 09:31 PM ET

a late penalty on the Kings ... wow

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:34 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

brutal penalty, cant believe they called that

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 05/28/14 at 09:35 PM ET

Let’s make the trip call barely a second after and barely 5 feet away from where a King player was interfered with

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/28/14 at 09:35 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ouch

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/28/14 at 09:35 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Greg Louganis

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/28/14 at 09:36 PM ET

kilt it

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/28/14 at 09:39 PM ET

1 2 >       Next »