Open Post- Day One Of The First Round Of The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Normality again with the start of the first round.

Feel free to discuss the games or anything NHL related.

Avails

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

WingedRider's avatar

Well Paul, I guess there will ever be the past normality again but what will be the next normality. Playing hockey for (Stanley’s Cup) in a bubble , in August, who knows?

Leafs going golfing will always be a part of any normality, bonus Golf in August.

I still do not know why the Winner of the Stanley Cup will seem tainted this year. The last normal being the last team able to skate taking home the prize was well earned.

No team to despise and no team to cheer for?  Go Hurricanes with Mrazek carrying the Cup would be a minor miracle but some interesting post Cup news from ???

There has always been talk of the future of hockey being played with no fans in attendance, maybe Buttman started Covid at the Owners request.  Big TV Revenue and little expenses, WOW!!

OK enough I need some fresh air. Go Wings!!!

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 08/11/20 at 03:15 PM ET

Paul's avatar

3OT starts for CBJ/TBL around 7:25pm.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/11/20 at 07:11 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Amazing end of 3rd OT

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 08/11/20 at 07:58 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Quad Overtime for Tampa-Columbus. I ran out to the store, came back and still going!!

Ex Wings (Primeau & Klima) have a history of scoring in these multi O.T.  Playoff games, so I’m picking Nyquist for the winner… cool smile

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/11/20 at 08:01 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Flames take game 1 ,,3-2

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 08/11/20 at 08:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Canes/Bruins will drop the puck tomorrow at 11am ET instead of 88 minutes after the OT game concludes.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/11/20 at 09:01 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Wow! Columbus and Tampa Bay! Man, I could not imagine how tired they are

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 08/11/20 at 09:27 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

What is this? Regulation hockey?  Yawn…

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 08/11/20 at 11:04 PM ET

I found it amusing that:

1. The first two hours of the Tampa - Columbus game were played when I was still working
2. I got home just after the the last regulation goal was scored and watched for 30 minutes until end of regulation.
3. I mowed the yard. Game still far from complete.
4. First overtime intermission. Took a shower.
5. Second overtime intermission. I ate dinner.
6. Watched 5:30 Eastern start between Dallas and Calgary complete. 3:00PM start game STILL not done.
7. I finally saw a goal scored some 6 hours after the game started!

A very entertaining game.

Posted by evileye on 08/12/20 at 11:41 AM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Glad I watched a probable once in a lifetime game (for me).  It has to have a negative effect on one of the teams going forward?? Not sure which one or both.

Very surprised at the stamina so evident at this time of the year. They all get a thumbs up from me!

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 08/12/20 at 02:39 PM ET