Oh No Toronto, Bruins Score 4 Unanswered Goals To Win Game 7 In Overtime

The Bruins scored two late goals with their goalie pulled to even the score in the 3rd period to force OT, then Patrice Bergeron scored in OT to win the series.

Heartbreak for the Leafs.

added 10:19pm, the OT goal by Bergeron...

added 10:30pm, switched the original video to now include the OT goal and handshake.

added 10:28pm, Watch below as the Bruins score two late goals to send the game to OT.

Lucic goal to make it 4-3.

Bergeron goal to tie the game at 4.

added 11:02pm, What the h...?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

VooX, are there mass suicides happening in Toronto?

Now 5-0 Rangers. Rangers v. Bruins is gonna be great.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/13/13 at 09:14 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

OF COURSE the NBC crew upon hearing Boston win quickly drops to their collective knees in front of the Hawks: “How ‘bout that Bergeron, doesn’t he remind you of Toews?”

Posted by ChowYunCat on 05/13/13 at 09:16 PM ET

Not a whole lot of sympathy for the Makemelaffs.  Center of the hockey universe.

Posted by teldar on 05/13/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Unbelievable…...that is gonna hurt for a while sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/13/13 at 09:19 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sportsnet gathering tweets from hockey people regarding the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

That was pretty epic.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 05/13/13 at 10:12 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I shut it off. It was 4-1 with about 10 mins to go. I figured even the laffs couldn’t blow that.

I was wrong.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/13/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I step away for a few minutes and.. whaaaat?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

I can barely imagine the pain of Leafs fans.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 05/13/13 at 11:30 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/13/13 at 11:31 PM ET

exactly, I just saw Tate’s post about the Caps and saw he said NYR again BOS.. I was like ??? Toronto was up 4-2 with 3min in the 3rd last I saw.  Figured it was in the bag.

What an EPIC let-down.  Holy shit.  That’s some Wings shit right there but at least they had the decency to not let it happen in GAME 7.  That’s experience for you though.  Hopefully this some sticks with Kadri, since it was such a “winnable” series.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/14/13 at 12:06 AM ET

VooX's avatar

VooX, are there mass suicides happening in Toronto?
Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/13/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Pretty much.  A cop is stationed at every bridge and subway platform.  This was a nuclear-grade meltdown.  4-1 with 15:00 left in the 3rd.  After the Bruins scored a quick pair to make it 4-3, I was hoping the Leafs would take a timeout, which they unfortunately never did.  Bruins scores the tying goal 30 seconds later.

My wife was watching the game with my brother and I.  She comments, “I don’t understand what just happened and how.”  I told her she just witnessed how brutal the playoffs can be in a nutshell.

For Leafs fans, this is going to hurt for years. It’s a good thing I never invest any emotions into the Leafs, only the Wings, I learned that lesson over a decade ago.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/14/13 at 06:22 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I feel for the Leafs fans.  I know how I’d have felt if the Wings had let that happen in Game 7…  Thank helm the Wings won.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/14/13 at 07:42 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Jesus, that’s a let down that only the Leafs could provide.  Ouch.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/14/13 at 07:54 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

How’s Kadri’s verbal leadership working for you now?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/14/13 at 08:16 AM ET

It would be interesting to know if it is the single worst melt down in Stanley Cup history. I don’t recall any team ever losing that large of a lead in the third period, in the playoffs. To say nothing of a game seven!

Posted by timbits on 05/14/13 at 08:23 AM ET

pautna's avatar

Somewhere Kerry Fraser lets out a sigh of relief….

Posted by pautna on 05/14/13 at 09:16 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

That’s gonna sting for a looooong time.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/14/13 at 09:30 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Still in disbelief over this.  I went in to teach my class and the Leafs were up 4-2.  Five minutes to go, I thought they had it.  I almost dropped my phone when I checked the score after class. WOW.

and ouch.  I can’t even imagine how much that hurt.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/14/13 at 12:27 PM ET