Notes And Stuff

- Teams are now allowed to make their sales pitch to any UFA player but cannot sign them to a contract until noon ET, July 5th.

- Still shaking my head on the decision by Vinny Lecavalier to play for the Philadelphia Flyers.  I am not sure what the attraction was and if I am a Flyers fan, I'm still pinching myself.

- I have over the years interacted with a few folks from the Phoenix Coyotes and with that, I am so happy the team will be staying in Phoenix.  I can imagine their stress level dropped and now they have to clear one more hurdle, will the new ownership group be making internal changes?  I hope that is not the case and everyone can move forward and not face any more uncertainty.

- Many of you in the good old USA mayb be starting a long holiday weekend today or tomorrow.  But not us here at KK.

We will be providing as much coverage as possible regarding the UFA period, which starts at noon ET on Friday.  So plan on making KK a destination while you are enjoying the fireworks, hot dogs and a few pops.

- Note to Ken Holland: Wings need a pure goal scorer, his name is Jarome Iginla.

Filed in: KK Website Business, NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

joedaiceman's avatar

Note to Paul - Great note to Kenny.

Posted by joedaiceman on 07/03/13 at 09:49 AM ET

Note to Ken Holland: Wings need a pure goal scorer, his name is Jarome Iginla.

I don’t know.  Iggy’s gonna want more than a 1/2 year contract at league minimum, and that might be a non-starter for KH…

Posted by Garth on 07/03/13 at 09:57 AM ET

Getting Sammy back is like signing Iginla.

Posted by lancer on 07/03/13 at 10:03 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Note to Ken Holland: Wings need a pure goal scorer, his name is Jarome Iginla.

Posted by

Garth

on 07/03/13 at 09:57 AM ET

hah~!

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 07/03/13 at 11:08 AM ET

How’s Iginla’s “pace”?

Posted by bababooey on 07/03/13 at 11:18 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Getting Sammy back is like signing Iginla.
Posted by lancer on 07/03/13 at 10:03 AM ET