Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Alanah McGinley on 06/03/09 at 03:50 PM ET
Today, Gil Haylon at HockeyBarn.com contacted us about the 2009 Hockey New Media Awards, and invites your nominations!
This past season, HockeyBarn created the HockeyBarn Writers’ Association (HBWA), a community of writers open to all hockey journalists across the blogosphere.
On behalf of the HBWA I am excited to tell you that today we are announcing the “2009 Hockey New Media Awards,” to be presented on June 17 by Hockey Hall of Famer Glenn Anderson.
Nominations can be sent here and must be received by next Tuesday, June 9th.
Press release with full details on prizes and eligibility is below.
The HockeyBarn.com Writers’ Association (HBWA) announces the First Annual “Hockey New Media Awards.” The 2008-2009 awards will be presented by 6-time Stanley Cup Champion and Hockey Hall of Fame legend Glenn Anderson from Las Vegas, Nevada on June 17, 2009. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges that includes Anderson along with veteran writers Scott Taylor, Eric McErlain, and James Mirtle.
“We created these awards to recognize the journalists who are pioneering new media in the hockey industry. These awards are the first ever of their kind,” said HockeyBarn.com Founder and President Josh Schachter. “The hope is that over time they will help to launch the careers of many talented individuals.”
One (1) winner will be selected in each of the following categories:
- Hockey Writer of the Year - Awarded to the top hockey new media journalist
- Rookie Writer of the Year - Presented to the top rising online journalist in the sport
- Hockey Mom/Dad Writer of the Year - Given to the most active hockey journalist who also splits his/her time driving to 5AM practices and state tournaments
- Unsung Hero Award - Given to the writer who has shown dedication and commitment to producing high quality hockey content despite otherwise limited recognition
- Glenn Anderson Leadership in Writing Award - Awarded to the writer who demonstrates a desire to help build and grow the popularity of ice hockey, both throughout North America and across the globe
Nominations & Eligibility -
All internet-based ice hockey writers are eligible. HockeyBarn.com will announce the nominees for each award on Wednesday, June 10. Writers are encouraged to nominate themselves or others by submitting a nomination form at: http://hockeybarn.wufoo.com/forms/hockeybarn-online-hockey-writer-awards/ For m.ore information, visit http://www.hockeybarn.com.
- Award Certificate signed by Glenn Anderson
- Award winner logo to display on writer’s webpage
- Ice Hockey Gift Bag
- Press Release to announce winners
- Featured article on each writer published at the beginning of the 2009-2010 season
Additionally, the “Hockey Writer of the Year” recipient will receive one (1) ticket to accompany Glenn Anderson at the 2009 Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Toronto, Ontario on November 9, 2009. Glenn Anderson is sponsoring the ticket on behalf of http://www.Glennsglobalgames.com.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com