Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 08/08/07 at 12:16 PM ET
NEW YORK (August 8, 2007) – Sales of NHL-licensed product on Shop.NHL.com for July increased 49% compared to the same period last year, the National Hockey League (NHL) today announced. July marks the 11th consecutive month that sales of NHL licensed product have increased online.
Twenty-four of the 30 teams increased their Shop.NHL.com sales in July, with 12 teams experiencing a triple-digit increase. Buffalo Sabres merchandise remains among the most popular, experiencing a 746% increase in sales year-over-year. Other teams that experienced noteworthy sales for July were the Nashville Predators (425%), Washington Capitals (228%), Florida Panthers (225%) and Pittsburgh Penguins (196%).
The Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks showed significant gains for the second consecutive month, up 190% over last July. New faces in new places helped contribute to the growth, as the second- and third-top-selling jerseys were of notable free agent acquisitions.
TOP 10 SELLING JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (July 1-31, 2007)
1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Daniel Briere, Buffalo Sabres / Philadelphia Flyers
3. Chris Drury, Buffalo Sabres / New York Rangers
4. Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres
5. Thomas Vanek, Buffalo Sabres
6. Peter Forsberg, Nashville Predators
7. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres
8. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
9. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers
10. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
TOP 10 SELLING ITEMS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (July 1-31, 2007)
1. NHL 2006-07 Stanley Cup Championship DVD
2. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Hat – Anaheim Ducks
3. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Tee – Anaheim Ducks
4. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Puck – Anaheim Ducks
5. Chris Drury Tee, Dark Royal – New York Rangers
6. Alex Ovechkin Tee, Red – Washington Capitals
7. Sidney Crosby Tee, Black – Pittsburgh Penguins
8. 2007 NHL Draft Men’s Flex Hat, Black – Pittsburgh Penguins
9. Scott Gomez Tee, Dark Royal – New York Rangers
10. 2007 NHL Draft Men’s Flex Hat, Red – Washington Capitals
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org