NHL Awards & Red Carpet—Open Post

image

While two of the most recognizable faces in the NHL won’t be in attendance, many more will indeed be at the show at the Palms Casino and Resort today, flashing their best threads on the Red Carpet. So we’ll finally know who has the cleanest post-playoff shave, the hottest girlfriend, the whitest teeth (or, rather, any teeth)... etc. Important stuff.

The Red Carpet Show runs from 5-7pm ET on NHL Network. The NHL Awards broadcast itself starts at 7pm ET on Versus and some CBC stations. (For Canadians out west, the awards broadcast is time-delayed, but you can watch them live on CBC.ca).

added 9:49pm, All those who received votes for the trophies are listed below…

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, CBC HNIC, NHL Network, VERSUS, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: nhl+awards+2011

Comments

Alanah McGinley's avatar

P.S. For anyone who wants to debate the topic, here are the odds favourites from Bodog for the Awards tonight:

NHL Awards - Odds to win the Calder Memorial Trophy

NHL Awards - Odds to win the Vezina Trophy
Tim Thomas, Boston Bruins   1/30
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators   20/1
Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks 30/1

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/22/11 at 06:43 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Suspend them for not showing up.  LOL

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 06/22/11 at 06:44 PM ET

Chet's avatar

crosby better watch out or we’ll be comparing him to cc sabathia!

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 06/22/11 at 06:47 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Sweet geezus, when I hear the question “Who are you wearing?” on the NHL Network, I feel like I’ve drifted horribly off my usual channel surfing plan…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/22/11 at 07:02 PM ET

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/22/11 at 05:02 PM ET

It does not fit in with hockey culture - don’t judge until you know the name on the price tag.

Posted by NathanBC on 06/22/11 at 07:56 PM ET

Barry Trotz shafted again.

Congrats to Dan Bylsma on the Jack Adams.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 09:42 PM ET

Jeff Skinner wins the Calder.  I love it.  The Canes have got themselves a real player.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 09:46 PM ET

VAN’s Mike Gillis wins GM of the year.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 09:58 PM ET

Daniel Sedin wins the Ted Lindsay Award.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 10:07 PM ET

Ian Laperriere wins the Masterton.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 10:10 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

the awards dont show for another 2 hrs in vancouver, have to keep up to date online

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/22/11 at 10:13 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

has the hart been awarded yet?

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/22/11 at 10:23 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Alanah, any news on the 1st & 2nd team All-Stars as well as the All-Rookie Team? it would be much appreciated.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 06/22/11 at 10:26 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

has the hart been awarded yet?

not as of 8:25 EST

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 06/22/11 at 10:26 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

man i wish they showed the awards live here in the west
being on a 3 hr delay sucks

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/22/11 at 10:34 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

was watching the preinterview of daniel sedin in his room, and one of his little girls is running around naked and in awkward positions.  hahahah.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/22/11 at 10:37 PM ET

Ugh, Jay Mohr is absolutely abysmal.

Posted by Garth on 06/22/11 at 10:50 PM ET

Niiiice.  Tim Thomas wins the Vezina.

Also, Doug Weight wins the King Clancy.

Martin St. Louis gets the Lady Byng.

Luongo-is-my-hero.  How is that possible you’re not getting a live coverage?  I’m in the West Coast time zone and it’s live on my screen.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 10:58 PM ET

Ugh.  Corey Perry wins the Hart.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/22/11 at 11:00 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Jay Mohr is terrible. Please never let him host anything ever again. His pandering to Bettman made me vomit just a little.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/22/11 at 11:15 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Could they get people presenting who can pronounce names? LiNdstrom won, Martin Saint Lewis won. Eff the NHL for botching this yet again.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/22/11 at 11:18 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

its not live here.  Only cbc is showing it, and it does not start till 8pm pacific time.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/22/11 at 11:24 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I’ve added who finished were for all the trophies in the post if you are following.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/22/11 at 11:56 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

Thanks. That’s awesome.

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/23/11 at 12:13 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

man that awards show was hard to watch.  Why they have people come up who know nothing about hockey come up and present the award with really lame and annoying jokes is beyond me.  most of the award i just ended up fast-forwarding through.  Good thing i PVR’d it.
The players in general looked uncomfortable up there.  They used the age card way way way too much.  It wasn’t that funny the first time guys.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/23/11 at 05:03 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

That “musical act” shows the NHL has it’s elbow on the pulse of hockey fans.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/23/11 at 12:04 PM ET