NHL 12 Update: More Legends Info and Demo Details

image

Via a new producer blog released by EA late yesterday, we have some more details now how the new “Legends” will be incorporated into NHL 12. Also, before that, I missed some news about the game demo, which was released on Thursday via another exclusive with Operation Sports. There has also been a new quick-clip released on the multiple EASHL player builds.

Read on, as I’ll get into all of this and begin breaking it down for further analysis.

First up, let’s look at the new Legends Integration Blog posted up by NHL 12 Producer Sean Ramjagsingh.

I’m not going to go over the whole thing, just the interesting new info, but feel free to read the entire thing at the above link.

With Legends, we chose nine of the most outstanding players in NHL history to be included in the game – Wayne Gretzky, Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and six additional NHL greats that we will be announcing over the course of the next week (so stay tuned!). As I mentioned, the nine NHL greats will be integrated into the game across virtually every mode, including the all-new Be A Legend mode.

Well that answers one question, we will officially find out who the other six Legends are next week. I’m betting on Wednesday and Friday respectively, as that has been their news cycle of announcements (for the most part) thus far.

Be A Legend & Be A Pro Integration: Shattering Records and Legendary Milestones

In Be A Legend, gamers will experience the glory of playing their entire Be A Pro career as one of the nine Legends. As you progress through Be A Pro this year in search of your Legend card, you will unlock access to each of the nine Legends as you move up the ranks. As you unlock each Legend, you can place them on your favorite team and attempt to shatter the most impressive records in hockey and achieve Legendary Milestones.

Very interesting… as it appears that Legends, at least for use in some modes, I’m assuming this “Be a Legend” mode, will be “locked” and you are going to have to work your way towards unlocking them as you progress through your own personal Be a Pro career.

In Be a Pro mode, gamers can strive to ‘Be the Next Great Legend’ as they attempt to reach legendary milestones and complete legends tasks throughout their Be A Pro character’s career.

Legendary Milestones– Can most easily be described as the most challenging achievements in hockey. There are game-by-game milestones, season milestones and career milestones. An example of a game-by game milestone would be “get 7 assists in one game”, something that Wayne Gretzky achieved in a night. Season milestones could be scoring 50 goals in 39 games or scoring 92 goals in a season. Now here’s where it gets really tough…career milestones. A good example would be Gretzky’s goal-scoring record of 894 goals across the course of his career. Judging by our fans that play Be a Pro, OTP and EASHL, we know this milestone isn’t impossible to do, but we also know that only the best and most dedicated players will pull it off.
After each Legendary Milestone that you complete, you will unlock an exclusive Wayne Gretzky video where he describes how it felt when he or the other Legends achieved the historic moment and talks about what it took to achieve greatness.

Okay, well that certainly gives an interesting new twist to the new “tasks” system now in Be a Pro. Although, I could only imagine you would be given a “Legendary Task” if playing as said Legend who accomplished said achievement. It should also be noted that most of these Legendary Milestones they are talking about here, are also listed as in-game achievements, but it’s also pretty cool that we’ll get a nice little hockey-history lesson and retrospective from Gretzky as well, if we should happen to accomplish one of these Legendary Milestones. Clearly that is EA’s goal here though, giving us something to work for in our pro careers, aside from our own personal interests. Also, a quick reminder, you now have to “earn” your ice-time in Be a Pro, which means no more cheating by playing every single shift, which adds considerable difficulty to these tasks.

Note that all of the in-game achievements that are tied to some of these milestones, have to be done on “Pro” difficulty or higher. Probably not the case for unlocking the Legends or earning the videos, but still worth mentioning none the less, for you casual players. Personally, I always play on All-Star, as that is what the computer AI is set at when playing online… so this is going to be an exciting challenge for me personally, especially since I prefer to play goalie, but it looks like I’ll be spending some more time up-front this year.

Ramjagsingh then went on to talk about Legends in HUT, which is nothing new compared to what I reported about with my last NHL 12 update, although he did mention the following side note: “You will also be able to add a Legend to any team roster in Be a GM mode as you chase the Stanley Cup.” Which I’m assuming (for now) that you will only be able to do so after you unlock that Legend by playing through your own Be a Pro career. Good, I hope it stays that way, as they should have to be earned, in some capacity or another, before you can unleash them into the current NHL.

Legends Team

Finally, gamers can square off against the Legends team in head-to-head play – within Play Now, Online and Battle for the Cup modes. You will not have to unlock this team to use them. Take your favorite team and pit them against the Legends team to find how they stack up against the all-time greats or play as the Legends team and see what it’s like to take control of the best of the best.

I know what you are thinking… “you said the ‘Legendary Team’ rumor was all but dead” and “even they just pointed out that there are only 9 Legends”. To further explain this “Team” I’ll pull a quote from EA’s NHL 12 Hockey Whiteboard.

The greatest team to ever set foot on the ice. The All-New Legend Team is made up of NHL Legends and today’s superstars. If you are feeling up to the challenge match up your favorite team against the Legends and see if you have what it takes to beat the greatest.

So there you have it, this “Legendary Team” will indeed exist, and consist of the 9 “Legends” and Nicklas Lidstrom.

Just kidding… or am I?

The first rumor that sprang up about these “Legends” in the first place was their inclusion on this team, including current superstar players. I’m not even going to start speculating about this already rumored roster list until we know who all of the 9 Legends are. Keep in mind though, at least for offline sake, you would be able to make any custom roster moves you see fit, so you can easily craft your own ideal version of this “Legendary Team”. I can already see my first line now… Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Howe (who has yet to be “officially” confirmed - but more or less so). Yes Wayne, you get relegated to the second line on my team… deal with it.

Moving on… let’s get to the NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog posted on Operation Sports.

With launch right around the corner, the NHL 12 demo is almost here! The highly anticipated demo will be available through Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network beginning August 23. The demo will feature access to three modes: Play Now, Be A Pro, and Hockey Ultimate Team. In Play Now, relive the emotion of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals as the game inserts you into the third period of a match-up between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks—will you embrace history or rewrite it?

There we have it, a date… August 23… which is exactly what I predicted weeks ago based on EA’s news cycle and when demos normally get released. The more exciting news though, is that we won’t be stuck with having to just play the third period of the Finals again, as was the case last year. This time we get 3 modes to occupy our time with until release. Although, as noted, the Play Now mode, will be pretty much the same thing we had in last year’s demo, sadly. Thankfully… there is more than just that.

In the Revamped Be A Pro mode, play as your created pro –- earn every shift on the ice with stellar play, big hits, and spectacular goals. Simulate the action to your next shift! New to NHL 12 is the ability to sim through the time you’re on the bench. Don’t worry about missing out on the action –- the EA SPORTS Action Tracker will track and present every major event that takes place on the ice, so you know exactly what the situation is when you get back onto the ice.

My only concerns here is to what limits this might have. I’m going to assume just a single game. Although we better get the option of at least picking our position… as I really want to get my hands on the new “Goalie V-H Technique” implemented this year, among other slight changes to my favorite position.

Finally, a nice little bonus will be in this demo for those of you that really enjoy HUT.

Last but definitely not least, play Hockey Ultimate Team—the largest online dynasty ever! Earn up to two HUT card packs for NHL 12 by playing the mode, and earn an additional HUT card pack by inviting a friend to try the NHL 12 demo.

Nice… we get to earn ourselves some card packs for the actual game release. Again, I wonder to what extent the demo will go to with HUT… and really, I have no clue… looks like we will just have to wait 10 more days to see.

Also, as I mentioned, there is a new quick-clip talking about the new multiple builds feature for the EASHL this year… but as of the time of me writing this, it has yet to be posted anywhere where I can embed it into this post. However, if you really want to see this, the video is on the bottom of the page of the Demo Blog I linked to, so scroll back up there and check it out.

One last thing… for those of you readers who might be asking “Where the heck is all the other league news your blog is supposed to be covering?” - It’s coming, should nothing crazy happen in the next 24 hours, I’ll have another “Around the Leagues” post up sometime tomorrow. The only reason the blog has been so NHL 12-heavy as of late, is because unlike the rest of the hockey world, this is EA’s busiest time of year, at least when it comes to news and announcements regarding the NHL series… hence why I’ve been covering it so much. Expect that to come to a close with my eventual full-review of the game, then things will get back to some of that promised variety of CHL and NCAA Hockey coverage… among other random hockey-related things.

Filed in: Fantasy Hockey and Gaming, Doug Miller, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ea+sports+nhl+12

Comments

Dakkster's avatar

Jesus Homer Christ, why can’t EA Sports be a bit more realistic with their achievements? There’s nothing more annoying than achievements that need hundreds of hours of playing. EA is notorious for using achievements to force users to play their new modes. If the modes are good, people will play them instead of just achievement whore them.

Posted by Dakkster from Southern Sweden on 08/13/11 at 01:35 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Here’s your Legends. I’ll use my Player’s of the Decade list.

90’s: Mario Lemieux
80’s: Wayne Gretzky
70’s: Bobby Orr
60’s: Bobby Hull
50’s: Gordie Howe
40’s: Maurice Richard

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/13/11 at 02:51 PM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

Jesus Homer Christ, why can’t EA Sports be a bit more realistic with their achievements? There’s nothing more annoying than achievements that need hundreds of hours of playing Posted by Dakkster

Actually, as a former member of the little niche that is the Xbox 360 Achievement Community, and I say community because back then, that’s what we were. I can say the following things… “Achievers” as I’ll call them, well, they usually consider most sports games a joke, because well, they usually are. Having personally looked over achievement list for NHL 12 myself, I can say, that even the hardest ones aren’t actually that hard if you know some of the tricks of the trade, as I do.

That was years ago though, and I have very much changed my tune when it comes to such things. The only games I even bother to care about achievements with anymore, are the games that I really love, and therefor want to continue playing towards some extra goals. I prefer them to be a challenge to… that way it feels like I actually “earned” something in the process of all my hard work.

As for your other comments about EA putting their achievements across all modes… well… duh. For people like me, that enjoy every mode in the NHL-series, this isn’t even an issue, as I’m going to play them all anyway. Now I just have a little something extra to work for in the process. If you don’t enjoy a mode, and don’t really care about the achievements (which don’t really mean anything anyway)... then just ignore them. Trust me, the people that are simply just there to “achievement whore” don’t give a crap about the game, they only care how long it’s going to take them, and when they can move on to their next game.

Of course EA could have easily added one little extra bit to most of these “hard” achievements to actually make sure they are a challenge, even for people like me that know the work arounds. Sadly they didn’t… which is why you won’t ever hear a peep out of me on them. As I’ll be playing through the game on a higher-difficulty than most, and thus have no intention of making any of the achievements easier than they should be. I like and enjoy the challenge, and personally, am really excited about this year’s list for NHL 12, although it would have been nicer to see a few more of them be online… but that’s just me.

Here’s your Legends. I’ll use my Player’s of the Decade list.

90’s: Mario Lemieux
80’s: Wayne Gretzky
70’s: Bobby Orr
60’s: Bobby Hull
50’s: Gordie Howe
40’s: Maurice Richard

Posted by Lindas1st

That’s still only six, and yes I know you could count Bourque, Chelios, and Roy as the final three. As Hull and Richard were both candidates on my short list of “possibles” in my last update.

However, I find it far more interesting to debate the list itself, as one could ague that Wayne and Mario had to share some of the spotlight in the mid 80s / early 90s.  As well as bringing up other names like Messier, who was also a major player through the 80s into the 90s, and names like Yzerman and Sakic, who took over the spotlight after Wayne was out of his prime and Mario had retired. As well as the argument that could be made for Mike Bossy’s dominance from the mid 70s to mid 80s.. Not to mention Jean Beliveau, who was dominant for the Habs from the mid 50s through the late 60s.

It’s hard to narrow down any of those guys to a single decade, considering how their careers played out, and the times that they spanned. However, for the sake of simplicity, I pretty much agree with your list… but you’re missing a decade, the 2000s, which have come and gone… not really easy to put your finger on, since some of the players who might be up for consideration for that era, didn’t start their careers until half-way into the decade….

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/13/11 at 04:31 PM ET

Dakkster's avatar

Or you have people like me, who love hockey and enjoy getting achievements but I’m certainly not a whore about it. I’m like you, if an achievement seems fun and I like the game, I go for it. I got 900+ in NHL 10 and I’m not even past 400 in NHL 11 because EA Sports overemphasizes new modes with their achievements. I’d like something more balanced instead of some random new mode (like the absolutely broken HUT from NHL 11) getting an overly large amount of achievements points of the game’s total.

Posted by Dakkster from Southern Sweden on 08/13/11 at 05:07 PM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

I’m not even past 400 in NHL 11 because EA Sports overemphasizes new modes with their achievements Posted by Dakkster

I didn’t think so, as I’m sitting at 725. With only 5 things left to do, all of which are HUT related, because I just never put that much time into the mode, as I was usually busy with my EASHL Club. It was pretty balanced with all the game modes, though.

Which reminds me, I need to go back and get that “Team Colors” one, as it is rather easy…

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/13/11 at 05:51 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

It’s hard to narrow down any of those guys to a single decade

Yeah I get that . The only thing I might change is to break up the 70’s & 90’s in half because of injuries and health problems to Orr & Lemieux. If so, then it would be:

70’s first half: Orr
70"s second half: Lafleur

90’s first half: Lmeieux
90’s second half: Jagr

All those players you mentioned (Beliveau, Bossy, Bourque, Chelios & Yzerman) were all great and without a doubt first ballot HOFer’s.  My thought exercise was just who was the absolute best in that particular decade in my opinion. And I stand by it. In fact, those six are ranked in the top 8 of all-time and have all 5 top spots in the Hockey News’ “Top 100 Players All-Time” rankings.
1) Grertzky
2) Orr
3) Howe
4) Lemieux
5) Richard

6) Harvey
7) Beliveau
8) R. Hull
Harvey & Beliveau played their careers in the 50’s & 60’s. So to put one of them ahead of Howe in the 50’s (5-Scoring Titles & 4-MVP’s)  and R.Hull in the 60’s (7-Goal-Scoring Crowns (NHL record) & 2-MVP’s) is just wrong IMO.
BTW, Bossy was a great goal-scoring but I don’t think at any point in his career was he ever considered the best player in the NHL. When he broke in it was Lafleur’s league (because of the Orr injuries) and by 1980 Gretzky was taking scoring to heights unseen. In fact I think Gretzky for the 80’s player of the decade is the easiest.He won 9 Hart trophies in 10 seasons including 8 straight. Not only that he was voted “Athlete of The Decade” by the AP beating out other famous 80’s icons like Joe Montana and Magic Johnson.

Here’s the HK’s all-time All-Star Team and the player’s rank all-time.
First Team:
C-Gretzky #1
RW- G.Howe #3
LW-R.Hull #8
D-Orr #2
D-Harvey #6
G-Sawchuk #9

Second Team:
C-M.Lemieux #4
RW-M.Richard #5
LW-Lindsay #21
D-Shore #10
D-Bourque #14
G-Plante #13

Keep in mind this survey was done in the year 1997. Since then players like Roy, Lidstrom & Broduer would most certainly be higher on the list and perhaps break into the first or second team.

...but you’re missing a decade, the 2000s

Yeah, It’s got to be Lidstrom with 7 Norris’.

And one prediction: The 2010’s Sidney Crosby

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/13/11 at 07:18 PM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

You make several valid points, and I’m quite familiar with HN’s top 100 list. I agree with you about Howe for the 50s, as I believe (going from pure memory here) that he held virtually every scoring title until Gretzky came along. Not to mention that Howe has what is easily the most unbreakable record in hockey… 20 consecutive years of finishing in the top 5 in scoring leaders. Have to agree with you about Hull for now, but then I’m tempted to look up Beliveau’s numbers and awards, as I’m pretty sure they were fairly numerous. I can’t argue with Gretzky’s numbers and honors from the 80s though, which I was well aware of.

As for the whole early 90s / late 90s… I agree about Lemieux… but when it comes to the latter half-of that decade… I’d have to say Yzerman. Yeah, Jagr was a better individual player… but aside from personal numbers and awards…he never lead the Pens to much glory. Yzerman might have had the help of Fedorov and Shanahan (among others), but he carried the weight of the Wings dynasty on his shoulders (metaphorically). As that old saying goes… the truly great players are the ones who can make everyone else around them better. Which is something I could say for Yzerman and not for Jagr.

As for Lidstrom for the 2000s, that is what I would have also said, as that one seems almost as easy as Gretzky in the 80s, with the 6 Norris’ (counting from 2000-2010 here) two Cups, and one Conn Smythe.

As for trying to call 2010s… it’s far to early for me. Sure, Crosby seems to be on track for that, but he’ll have competition… be it from Stamkos, Ovechkin, Datsyuk… or perhaps even someone who has just gotten started… Skinner, Seguin, Hall… to me it’s all still so wide open from here on out. Could even be someone we don’t even know about yet.

Oh, and I was never including Chelios or Bourque into this discussion, just mentioning them as a part of the Legends in NHL 12.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/13/11 at 11:56 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

I was actually rating all my picks mostly on individual awards and stats.I wasn’t putting much emphasis on team success. It just so happens that because these players are so good when they succeed there team usually do too.
Hull and Jagr are the exceptions with Hull/Hawks only winning one title in the 60’s and Jagr/Pens none when he was considered the best in the late 90’s. For this fact I do respect your choice and your right to disagree with Jagr. But I still believe Hull was far and away the best in the 60’s.
He won 7 goal scoring crowns & 3 Art Ross Trophies (only his teammate Mikita won more AR’s in the 60’s-4). He also led the decade in goals with 441, that’s 127 more than Howe who was second in the decade. Beliveau finished 6th with 255 goals. Hull also led the decade in points with 800, again ahead of Howe by 18. Beliveau finished 5th in points during the 60’s with 657.
As far as MVP’s Hull won 2 in the 60’s as did Mikita. Howe also won 2 while Beliveau won one. Beliveau did however win the first Conn Smythe (Playoff MVP) during the 60’s (‘65) but that’s just not enough to put him ahead of Hull individually IMO. In fact, I might even have Howe & Mikita with Hull ahead of him in the 60’s. There is no doubt Beliveau was a great player, probably a top 5 in 2 decades. I just don’t think he was the best in any one decade.

My bad, sorry about that.
BTW, I hope I’m not beatin’ a dead horse and bothering you with this. I just love talkin’ hockey history and stats.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/14/11 at 01:35 AM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

Not bothering me at all, I enjoy these discussions too, and it’s rarely something I get to bring up in a blog topic, so I’ll take the discussion.

In my last post I said I was agreeing with you about Hull for now, I was just curious as to Beliveau’s numbers, but you pretty much already answered that question.

Hull also led the decade in points with 800, again ahead of Howe by 18.

That’s my favorite quote though. Since we both agree about Howe in the 50s. 18 isn’t a huge point gap between them in the 60s though… and how many PIMs did Hull rack up? Hehe… (I’m still agreeing with you about Hull in the 60s though)

Seriously though, Hull and Mikita have both always had my respect, for being the first to curve their sticks, and thus, forever changing the game. Aside from what they both accomplished in their careers.

Oh, and just because we haven’t touched on it yet… although it isn’t much of a debate…

30s: Howie Morenz

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/14/11 at 07:46 AM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Yeah, the points were close, but it’s the goal-scoring ability that sets Hull apart from Howe in the 60’s.
He might be a bit underarted in hockey history. He also had a very good 70’s albiet in the WHA. He’s second all-time in that league with over 300 goals and also led them in goal-scoring during the ‘74-75 season with a WHA single season record of 77 goals (Espo’s NHL record at the time) .Plus he had 2 regular season WHA MVP’s.
Here’s a look at how Gretzky (all-time leader), Hull & Howe compared during their entire professional hockey careers (NHL & WHA with RS & PO combined).

Player GP, Goals-Assists-Points

Gretzky 1788, 1072-2297-3369, 11-MVP’s (9-NHL RS & 2-NHL PO)
Howe 2421, 1071-1518-2589, 7-MVP’s (6-NHL RS & 1-WHA RS)
Hull 1653, 1018-999-2017,4-MVP’s (2-NHL RS & 2-WHA RS)

-Howe and Hull played most of their NHL careers without a playoff MVP, however the Hockey News & SIHR went back through all the playoff seasons previous to the Conn Smythe and voted on NHL playoff MVP’s from 1918 to 1964. Howe was voted MVP of the ‘55 SC Playoffs. Hull nada.
- On thier overall careers I think Hull was a better goal scorer but Howe was the better hockey player in general. Just look at the difference in assists which translates into the difference in points. But, I do think Hull’s goal-scoring was so much better in the 60’s compared to his comtemporaries and Howe that it’s enough to pick him as POTD for the 60’s.I understand you agree, just over-stating my case which I tend to do.
-As far as PIM’s I don’t put much stock in them. I just don’t see how being in the penalty box helps you or your team when you are one of the best players out there.I think on balance it’s an overall negative. But that’s just my own personal bias and opinion.
-BTW, I wonder if Bobby Hull knows if he has exactly 999 assists in his professional career. And if so, does he wish he had just that one more to put him at an even 1000.
——————————————————————————————————————————-

Yes, great point.
———————————————————————————————————————————

… although it isn’t much of a debate…30s: Howie Morenz

Not so fast buddy. A very strong case can be made for Eddie Shore as POTD for the 30’s.
He won 4 Hart Trophies from the blueline, that’s more MVP’s than even Bobby Orr won,(though some would say Orr got robbed of at least 3-5). Morenz won 3 and the first was actually in the 20’s (27-28). Shore was also ranked higher on the HK’s all-time list: Shore #10 seond greatest d-man of all-time, while Morenz ranked #15, fifth among centermen. Morenz was the NHL’s first superstar though.

-I know I tend to base my opinion on a lot of stats and awards, but anything before the late 70’s was before my time so it’s basically all I got to go on.
-I didn’t go back before the 40’s because I wanted to keep it in the so-called modern era, which incidently started in 43-44 (when the redline was added) not 42-43 (when the league lost Brooklyn and became the Original 6) which is when many people think it started. I know it’s just one year and I’m being anal, but it’s what I do. wink

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/14/11 at 04:41 PM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

Haha, I was joking about the PIMs. As I happen to agree with you about having those players in the box.

I was in-between Shore and Morenz for that 30s debate, but just gave it to Morenz for the fact that he was really the league’s first big name. You make good points about Shore though.

I pretty much have to go by stats and awards too, as anything pre-87 was literally before my time… thankfully because of things like NHL Network and the internet, I’ve still had the chance to watch many of these legends play a handful of games here and there.

Which is why I’m really looking forward to the new Legends feature in NHL 12, as from what little I have seen so far, it looks like EA has gone to great lengths to try and best capture all the little nuances of these player’s styles and tendencies…. which could give a whole new perspective to people like me that never really got to see them play all that much… granted they will be playing in the current NHL, but that is kind of the fun point of it all, if you ask me.

For me, it isn’t all just about numbers and awards though, as I also take the immeasurable “intangibles” into account when considering these types of things.

Also, nice little factoid about the so-called modern era, as that was something I didn’t know, or at least, didn’t remember.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/14/11 at 06:58 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Good to know.
I don’t get the analyst who points to PIMs as a good thing but yet during the games these same analyst will criticize these same players for talking a penalty. Makes no sense.
———————————————————————————————————————————————

Yeah, I get that but it’s hard to do for players you never seen play. This is why I have no problem with you taking Yzerman ahead of Jagr in the late 90’s. You could actually see his whole mentality and make-up in his game change from that dynamic 80’s scorer to that 90’s leader because he knew that was what it was going to take to finally win the Cup. It didn’t hurt that this also coinsided with the arrivil of Fedorov, Lidstrom & Bowman. But that let him make that transformation from a 100 point force to a 75 point all-around leader that some other stars might not wanted to do.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
I have to say- this is one of the best exchanges I’ve had on the interwebs in a long time. Great convo Doug.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/14/11 at 08:01 PM ET