NHL 12 Demo Now Available for Download! (Xbox 360)

image

As of 6:07AM the NHL 12 demo has been added to the game marketplace for demos on the Xbox Live website… and is currently downloading on my system! Should update on the dashboard soon as well. This is just a heads up… enjoy the demo everyone!

Filed in: Fantasy Hockey and Gaming, Doug Miller, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ea+sports+nhl+12

Comments

Ducksworth's avatar

Nice! Thanks for the heads up cool smile

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 08/23/11 at 10:22 AM ET

WingMan's avatar

Damn, wish I had the 350… I’ve still got the old 360 wink

Thanks for the heads up, can’t wait to try it.

Posted by WingMan from The Q C on 08/23/11 at 10:31 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I’ll be downloading today.

I’m assuming like with most demos, it’s Gold-Only for a couple weeks?

Posted by Primis on 08/23/11 at 11:36 AM ET

Matt Fry's avatar

I’ll be downloading when I get home.  Looking forward to it.

Posted by Matt Fry from Winnipeg on 08/23/11 at 01:10 PM ET

Marc Siciliano's avatar

It’s sah-weeeet.

Posted by Marc Siciliano on 08/23/11 at 02:10 PM ET

Xbox 360 Gold Members in the USA can use the following link to automatically queue the download to begin as soon as you turn your console on:  http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NHL-12/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410964  Just scroll down, pick the demo, and click “Add to Queue”.  You will need to login with your Xbox account stuff.  (And if you don’t trust me, you can go directly to xbox.com and search for NHL12 and find the same link on your own.)

I’m sure a similar URL can be found for other countries.

Posted by GregAnnapolis on 08/23/11 at 03:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I can vouch for Greg that he can be trusted.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/23/11 at 03:30 PM ET

And I can vouch for Paul. smile

88% Wooo!

Posted by LGRWeh on 08/23/11 at 03:58 PM ET

Primis's avatar

So the demo contains:

* 1 period of Quick Play—VAN vs BOS for obvious reasons.
* HUT play, 1 offline tourney, no Store, default starter pack including guys like Malkin, Stamkos, Havlat, Skinner, Keith, Seabrook, Weber, Price… , and juniors like Landeskog and Jurco.
* St. Johns is the one junior team I know of in the demo.
* 1 Be a Pro game with a default BAP player named “Joe” on either BOS or VAN.

Initial thoughts:

* Goalie contact doesn’t add much to the game from what I can tell.  Though it was fun to plow over Tim Thomas a couple of times, just because.  I don’t know that it’s going to be any kind of game-changer, Doug.
* I love the “sim” ability during a Be a Pro game.  Now you don’t just have to sit on the bench and wait, or use Position Lock.  This really is a nice addition.
* In-Game Be a Pro Coaches Points/Goals seemed actually broken in the demo (and not in the way that 11 was either).  Coach told me to Fire Away on the PP so I did, and no matter how many shots I took it stayed at 0% Complete.
* There appears to be a new Crease Clearing “chuck” move which can send an opponent flying.  I hadn’t seen it before in 11.  So now hitting a guy doesn’t just leave him laying in front, you can actually clear him away form the crease.  Chara used this on me once.  It was not pretty, I woke up out near the top of the faceoff circle…
*  The defensive AI on Pro level really *is* smarter now.  They’re still prone to mistakes, but there aren’t quite the Money Moves of the past.  I’d assume at a higher level the defensive AI shines even more.  They just seem make better decisions all around, and they don’t leave you as much time to take shots.
* Goalies…. well, the goalie AI didn’t seem improved.  One deke is enough to get many goalies, and sometimes not even that.
* They actually found a way to make looking at your HUT team to be even more-cluttered I think.  My personal opinion.
* So tired of the Dropkick Murphys already…

Overall it’s 11, with some very minor changes.  Now… 11 is a very good game.  But I didn’t really notice anything gameplay different other than the few things I mentioned above.

I’m betting that 12 players will quickly use pretty much the same tricks/exploits online that they had been using in 11.  They seem to be there.

Posted by Primis on 08/23/11 at 04:26 PM ET

It’s up on PSN now…

Posted by rabi on 08/23/11 at 07:24 PM ET

wow just read/skimmed your response to my last comment and I found it to be very insulting since when was it required of me to say something new and not reiterate to support opinion .....and no I do not post on peoples blogs (with the exception of this one) in order to gain the attention of the writer in hopes of a response but to reflect my thoughts on the overall idea and if that doesn’t make sense to you then so sad for ya doug but you can kindly go *#&$ yourself for such an asinine remark to an honest post….and yeah I skimmed the comments cuz I just read the blog to read it and it was you who hinted at wanting me to post more because you are an insecure person and believe if nobody commented then nobody read soooooo sorry I was unable to bring something new to the table oh enlightened one….here is a hint you are not a hockey expert cuz you have no life and can hit the google button all day…and I can say that in the up most confidence that is true because I know you in real life so go flag this as spam *#$%@& Intelligence is all relative and you sir are truly the unintelligible to believe that you can insult me in such a manner…me being a friend of yours…and think for a second I would appreciated being patronized in such a way and that sir reflects badly on you oh and before you get all up in a shit storm about my informal writing here ill give you a carbon copy in a more structured format below

Wow! I had just read/skimmed your response to my last comment and had found it to be very insulting. Since when was it ever required of me to post something new, and not simply reiterate to support prior opinions. I do not post on blogs (with the exception of this one) in order to gain the attention of the writer with hopes of a response. Instead I post to reflect my thoughts on the overall idea, and if that does not make sense to you then I am truly sad for you. You can kindly go *#&$ yourself for such an asinine remark to an honest post. I skimmed the comments because I just read the blog for the sake of reading it. It was you who hinted at wanting me to post more due to your insecurities as a person and beliefs that if nobody commented on your blog therefore they must not have read it. I am sorry I was unable to bring something new to the table “enlightened” one. Allow me to give you a hint just because you have no life and can hit the Google button all day an expert you do not become. You can get off your pedestal now. I can say these things in the up most confidence that I know what I am saying is true: I know you in real life. Go ahead and flag this as spam, *#$%@&. Intelligence is all relative and you sir are truly the unintelligible to believe that you can insult me in such a manner, I being a friend of yours, and think for a second I would appreciated being patronized in such a way. That sir reflects badly on you to talk to a friend in such a manner. Do not think because I choose to write a certain way at times you by some del facto standard become Hemmingway by comparison. It is time to grow up Douglas and learn some humility.

p.s. consider yourself lucky that the last friend who insulted my intelligence and did not treat me with the same respect I afforded him was left in a much more discerning state of being both in a physical and emotional sense…..you got off easy…and you knowing me since we were kids that I am not bull shiting you when I say that

Posted by mike on 08/24/11 at 04:27 AM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

Okay…. few things here….

Damn, wish I had the 350… I’ve still got the old 360
Thanks for the heads up, can’t wait to try it. - Posted by WingMan

Yeah I dunno how “350” got in there, I had that post sitting there for over an hour ready to go up at a moments notice, it just needed an (insert time) once the demo was up…. oh well. These things happen to the best of us though, as it comes with the territory. Didn’t notice after only managing to get in only two hours of sleep beforehand.

Xbox 360 Gold Members in the USA can use the following link to automatically queue the download to begin as soon as you turn your console on: - Posted by GregAnnapolis

Thanks for providing people with a link Greg, and thanks to Paul for verifying it since I wasn’t around to do so.

So the demo contains: - Posted by Primis

Thanks for the thoughts Primis, although everyone is going to have their own impressions. Not really all that surprised by yours considering the other comments you’ve made directed at the NHL-series. I disagree with you about several things, as would other people. Then again, some people would agree with you. Again, everyone has their own opinions. I’ll be posting my own shortly after I finish up this comment.

It’s up on PSN now… - Posted by rabi

Thanks for letting the PS3 community of players know.

As for Mike’s comments. My response isn’t much of one, because it’s very un-professional of me to be having such a discussion here, of all places, which you should very well know.. I will point out that when you were here, I told you about the contents of said comment I made. Including the fact that in the very next paragraph I more or less contradicted by myself by backing you up in a way. So it’s beyond me as to why your reaction to said comment is what it is now, as you seemingly had no problem with it at the time that I first told you about it.

As you seem rather quick to completely forget about the kind of friend that I am… one who went farther out of his way that he had to, in order to help a solve problem that you had no means of fixing at the time. Did I have to do this? No. The fact that I did do as such would likely be considered quite stupid by most people who know my current financial situation. Heck, even I think it was pretty stupid, considering I could have made a more selfish effort in order to be able to better do my job here. However, as you know, I’m the furthest thing from a selfish person that there could possibly be,.... well you know, aside from Gandhi…as I can’t really compete with that.

I just try do do whatever I can to help out my friends, with little regard to how it might effect my own personal life. Which is how I’ve always been, because that is just the I am as a person I am, and always will be.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/24/11 at 07:47 AM ET

First off your professionalism went out the door when you patronized one of your readers. Second of all if emotional blackmail (also unprofessional) is your thing than you can have the thing back I do not want it if it means it will be thrown in my face at times that I believe you have slighted me you doing that for me does not hold any relevance to what was said anyhow. How about getting off the cross before I rip you down from it and apologize to me and we can move on from this stupid business. I did not forget what kind of friend you were that is why I did not take it as hard out on you as I could of and still can. When you told me about the comment you seemed to candy coat the part in which you attempted to belittle me and tried to make me feel foolish. Now consider this your warning before I make this personal.

“So next time, I suggest reading a little bit more on such things, as you’ll look a little more intelligent when just randomly ranting on various things, as you tend to do. No offense meant by that, but that post looks makes you look really bad”

That is not a manner in which you speak to your peers. The fact that you wish to ignore your condescension toward me just frustrates me further. What the *#$%@& are you even bringing up how selfless you are when I hadn’t even accused you of being selfish. Nothing you said In that response had any relevance to anything that was said and was simply the rantings of a delusional person. You can have the x-box back regardless I felt dirty taking it anyways given the shady means you used to obtain it.

You should understand first of all you sir are the endless ranter not I. You basically state there that I randomly rant in an unintelligent manner often, which would make me as a person likewise unintelligent. If that is not the Implication that was intended than you should choose your words more carefully and I would expect better from a person whom is a self-proclaimed writer. “Makes me look bad” be realistic for once in your life I do not seek validation in a 2 sentence thought over a blog read by people I do not know. That is insulting that you would even think that I was a person of such shallow values to put high appreciation in such things. I only seek validation from myself.

Did you just use Gandhi as a standard to measure yourself against…come back to earth doug

That is a rant not that two sentence BS I posted before. Unintelligent I would think not.

Posted by mike on 08/24/11 at 08:53 AM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

I can disagree with my readers all I want, as it’s my job around here to have an opinion about things and to talk about that opinion. I generally don’t try and patronize people, if I do somehow indirectly do so, I usually apologize to them about it, as I never intend to offend anyone while having a rational discussion.

I was not attempting to belittle you or make you feel foolish at all with my comment, I just stated that I thought it looked bad, I know you don’t care what other people think about it, I just took from it what I saw, which is why I said “No offense meant by that” as it was clearly not my intention to offend you.

The only reason I ignored it what you said recently, and didn’t address said issues are because of the reason that I stated, that I don’t think it’s professional of me to address personal issues at my place of work. As would be true of most people in most situations.

I was not trying to say you were ranting in an unintelligent manner, so I’m sorry if you took it that way, as I could see how that would offend anyone. I was trying to say that if you had addressed specific points that were already brought up and discussed, you would look smarter for for having done such. Again, don’t take that the wrong way either, as I’m not trying to say your not smart, for I know you are probably smarter in general than I am, as I was trying to just say that I thought you could have made a better point, that is all. Even though I completely missed the very good point you made that no one else had brought up about Chelios also being an American. Which I also apologize for, I had multiple comments on my mind to respond to at the time and it slipped my mind, which happens to everyone, as we are only human, and again, I’m sorry about that.

I wasn’t in anyway trying to say your rant was unintelligent, just that it could have been better, as I stated before.. Also again, I meant no offense by it, and I again apologize that you took it the wrong way, I only made said remark because being my friend, I didn’t think you’d take it that personally and figured you’d be able to understand what I was actually trying to say, as I was in the middle of addressing other people’s issues at the time as well. Yes, I should still have chosen my words more carefully, and will in the future.

Oh, and the Gandhi reference was obviously a joke… you of all people should know I don’t have that kind of ego or self-esteem.

As far as for getting personal, you’ve already done that multiple times in both of your comments on this topic, both of which are related to a personal manner between us, and had nothing to do with said topic, and I don’t really appreciate you bringing up personal subjects in a place such as this. If you have a personal problem with something I said, talk to me about it in a personal manner, not in a public manner, as that’s just rude. Granted you could say I did the same to you, but there is a very big difference between what I said, and what you have said. Because I didn’t randomly storm into your work or classroom and start yelling at you about personal issues, which is essentially what you did to me. Which regardless of whatever I had said, is uncalled for, and you know that.

Now, to wrap all this up, as it’s taken valuable time away from me getting my next post up… again, one final time, just so we are clear. I’m sorry that my comment offended you, as that was not my intention. I’m also sorry my follow up response had virtually nothing to do with what you said, which as I’ve pointed out, was intentional, because I did not want to address a personal manner is such a way as this, but you pretty much left me with no choice… which again, I’m not very happy about. I’ll let it go though, for the sake of getting to calm down and chill out about all of this… as I had no idea you’d take it so personally, and then go to the extent of bringing it up to me on here, of all places.

Again, sorry. My bad. Should have worded what I said differently, as you obviously took it the wrong way. My apologies sir. Now can we move on from this rather silly misunderstanding? As there are plenty of other more interesting things to discuss at the moment….

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/24/11 at 12:50 PM ET