Need Fantasy Help?

I have two copies of the 2010-2011 Hockey Fantasy Index by Rob Higgins that soon could belong to you.

First off, you must be a KK member (join here,it takes about 20 seonds).  Then I need to know why you want the book.

Did you have a bad fantasy year, maybe you are a novice and need some advice or you could be the fantasy hockey expert and want to stay at the top of the hill?

Whatever your reason, leave a comment below.

I will select the best response and award one book, then the other book recipient will be chosen via a random draw from the remaining comments.

Your comment must be submitted by noon ET on Tuesday, September 14th.  Good luck.

note:  original post time was 8:35am 9/13/10

Filed in: KK Website Business, KK Challenge, Fantasy Hockey and Gaming, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

PrairieFire's avatar

I’d love a copy of the book/magazine…any extra edge at this point in time would be awesome.

Posted by PrairieFire on 09/13/10 at 11:20 AM ET

SK77's avatar

I would love a copy of this book as my continued employment might very well rely on it! My new boss has had his ass handed to him two seasons in a row in his not-so-friendly fantasy league and he’s now enlisted my help picking his new roster after discovering I’m a huge hockey fan. Problem is I’ve never done fantasy anything before and I’m not sure how watching real hockey translates to fantasy success.

That, and if I had a copy of this book it’d give me something to do at work other than work.

Posted by SK77 on 09/13/10 at 12:04 PM ET

Oooo. I could use some fantasy help. I finished 5th in my league last year after two years as the runner up. I didn’t do as much prep work last year with my draft list and it showed. I was playing catch-up all year. That Index could be my ticket to number 1.

Posted by beardChamp on 09/13/10 at 12:10 PM ET

Paul,
I would really like to be considered for a copy of the book written by Rob Higgins, Fantasy Hockey Index.  I have been a commissioner of a local Fantasy Hockey league in the Pittsburgh area for over 20 years.  This year I have 3 new first time players in my league and they have little to no experience with how fantasy hockey leagues work, etc.  I would love to get a copy of Higgy’s book and pass it on to the new guys to help them out for this coming season.  I am a regular listener to Higgy on the XM radio show he co-hosts with Boomer on Friday afternoons during the season and am on his email list.  Please consider me for one of the books you have been so generous to offer to your members.

I promise to only take a peak at the book myself before I turn it over!

thanks!

Posted by Nooch99 on 09/13/10 at 12:13 PM ET

Hi,

I reckon I could use all the fantasy help I can get.  I was in on the creation of a fantasy keeper league 12 years ago and did well in the three years I took part.  Then I moved overseas for a while and just got back last year.  Fortunately there was a vacancy and I was able to buy back into the pool…however the team I took over was statistically last in nearly every single category over the cumulative 11 previous seasons.  Neglected and depleted, I have taken the helm of this team and am determined to turn it around.

10 years overseas does leave you kind of lout of the loop in terms of fantasy hockey.  I’ve been perusing the websites and picked up a magazine, but there is so much that is still murky.  The top players are well known—it’s the middle of the pack, the depth one can build that secures championships, and I know nothing of that anymore.

Help me Kukla’s Korner, you’re my only hope!

(ah…not even 8am and I’ve worked in a Star Wars reference…today is going to be a good day)

-m!

Posted by MaxPower16 on 09/13/10 at 12:51 PM ET

Dakkster's avatar

I’m too lazy to write up a good story about why I need the book, so I’ll just settle for the chance of winning one randomly smile

Posted by Dakkster from Southern Sweden on 09/13/10 at 12:53 PM ET

Puck's avatar

I’ve been playing fantasy hockey in a keeper league of friends for the last 10 years and finally won the Pucking Cup championship this year. I could use any edge I could get to become the first in our league to win back to back seasons. I’m going into the year with Crosby, Zetterberg and Jimmy Howard as my keepers but could use help in the middle rounds as well as depth selections in late rounds. Really need help keeping Hippie Dave and his Raging Hippies team from getting into the finals.

Thanks,

Capt Puck with team Zamboners

Posted by Puck from San Francisco, CA on 09/13/10 at 01:16 PM ET

awould's avatar

Fantasy league for 8 years. Highest finish 2nd place, twice. Only one season worst than 3rd place, except last season when the wheels fell off. This book could put me over the top.

But more importantly, I already tried to pay good money to buy the book only to be screwed by Amazon who couldn’t guarantee shipment until after the frigging hockey season begins…. way too late for help with a fantasy draft.

Please give me the book!!!

Posted by awould on 09/13/10 at 01:52 PM ET

Moq's avatar

Generally speaking, I could use some help with all types of fantasies. In this instance, a bit of help with fantasy hockey would be valuable. I’m still something of a fantasy rookie with mixed results from spectacular wins to rather embarrassing defeats.

Any book, guide, or - indeed - index to ensure a more stable fantasy effort would be an appreciated addition. If I’m lucky enough to win, I’ll treat is as a holy book (there’s currently a vacancy) and Rob Higgins as my prophet. At least for this season.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 09/13/10 at 01:53 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

My KK membership name is the same team name I use in my two Fantasy Hockey leagues that I am a member of; gathering hockey acumen is always being channeled through one of Amherstberg’s finest.

“You gotta go with what you know!”

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 09/13/10 at 01:54 PM ET

I am new to hockey drafts and I have taken over GM duties for a team in a keeper league. The previous GM sold out all the good pieces and the majority of other managers kicked him out. So I am left with some draft picks and alot of second tier talent. I could use any edge possible to get this team back to being respectable, to know which second tier talent I should hold on to and which to let go.

Posted by mspike007 on 09/13/10 at 02:04 PM ET

pensfan29's avatar

Hi Paul.

I have been playing fantasy hockey for years, several teams per year. The highest I ever finished was 4th. Of the 10 or so teams I have finished 12th, 10th, 11th, and barely any higher except the 1 time 4th place finish. I really need some help, hopefully I am not a lost cause alltogether.

Posted by pensfan29 on 09/13/10 at 02:35 PM ET

TheFreak's avatar

I don’t NEED the book or have a sensational reason that’s different than any one else. Even if I win, I’ll give it to a needy kid in my neighborhood that plays hockey and loves anything to do with hockey, including the fantasy hockey.

But hey, it’s FREE and who doesn’t like FREE stuff - and winning it to boot!

Posted by TheFreak on 09/13/10 at 06:13 PM ET

Primis's avatar

My wife and I could use a copy to share.  We both are in pools/leagues and that makes it tough for both of us to research everything as much as we should.

Posted by Primis on 09/13/10 at 07:25 PM ET

mmuskrat's avatar

Hey Paul!

I’m in the second year of a keeper league, and my keepers are pretty clear:  Crosby, Zetterberg, Luongo, Iginla, and Spezza.  That means I need to bolster my D in the opening rounds, and a bit of research would be fantastic.  There are about 14 other people with much better reasons above me, though, so I’m banking on the random draw copy.

Love your site, thanks for the hard work!

Posted by mmuskrat on 09/13/10 at 07:36 PM ET

EDJ's avatar

I would greatly appreciate fantasy help.

I’m a new fan, having begun watching hockey last season. I know the Red Wings’ roster up and down but obviously in fantasy there are a few more teams and a couple more players that need to be considered. Beyond a few big names, I lack knowledge about most players outside of Detroit and that’s not going to serve me well come draft time.

Of course, like mmuskrat, a few of these guys have better reasons than I do so I’ll also hope for the random copy.

Thanks Paul for maintaining the best site for hockey news.

Posted by EDJ on 09/14/10 at 02:53 AM ET

I’ll take any help I can get.  This will be my fifth year and up until last season had won at least one of the leagues I was in.  Bad timing as it was the first year I was in a league that actually offered prizes for placing.  However, I might give it another go if I were to have some sound advice and detailed statistics at my disposal.

Posted by winger19 on 09/14/10 at 03:18 AM ET

I joined a league with a bunch of sharks 2 years ago and i’ve had my lunch money taken both years.  Hoping maybe something like this will help me take out some of the teams that have been taking me to the wood shed.  Thanks Paul.

Posted by Them Bones on 09/14/10 at 10:23 AM ET

Paul's avatar

The KK Challenge is now closed, I will announce the winners within 24 hours.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/14/10 at 02:00 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The winners are- Nooch99 and the random drawing goes to some kid.

Thanks to everyone for participating and look forward to more KK challenges soon.

Winner, check your email.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/15/10 at 12:23 PM ET

awould's avatar

Nooch99 can suck it!

or, Congratulations, I guess.

Anyone know where I can pick up a copy of this book in the next few days?  Amazon can’t guarantee delivery before the season starts…..

Posted by awould on 09/15/10 at 02:09 PM ET