Nathan Horton signs with Columbus

This was expected:

Update: It's official:

LOL:

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Hootinani's avatar

Doesnt look to be confirmed yet at TSN. wonder what the money is?

Posted by Hootinani on 07/05/13 at 12:27 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Thanks for changing that George, was very misleading before.  Told my buddy after reading the headline, looked like an *#$%@&

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/05/13 at 12:29 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

I guess Horton doesn’t care about winning or really want a warm climate.Columbus?? Really??

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 07/05/13 at 12:36 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 07/05/13 at 12:36 PM ET

Warm weather and Bobrovsky .... sure beats Calgary.

Posted by SK77 on 07/05/13 at 12:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 07/05/13 at 12:36 PM ET

I disagree.  For the first time in their history the Jackets seem to have real forward momentum.  I think the CBJ are making the playoffs this year.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/05/13 at 12:58 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

yeah, SK, 90+degrees and 90% humidity in the summer and bone dry, no snow, freezing cold winters.  Shitty people by and large with a superiority complex associated with Buckeye football to the extent of mass muggings of ANYTHING saying and/or signifying Michigan IN GENERAL as a political-geographic entity.

Outstanding Nathan, welcome to Columbus.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/05/13 at 01:00 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

And Bez, you are right, I’ve been telling my buddy for two years Cbus isnt’ far off, just needed real leadership in the front office.

Now they Horton and Gaborik and a Vezina winning goalie.  Columbus is actually looking really good and they’re a big, nasty, team.

Don’t forget, they took 9 of 10 points from us last season.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/05/13 at 01:02 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/05/13 at 12:58 PM ET

Its all in Bobrovsky’s hands.  Not sure this deal works out for them in the long run, but it should bolster them over the next couple seasons, as long as Horton can stay relatively healthy.

Posted by Hootinani on 07/05/13 at 01:02 PM ET

Paul's avatar

COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed free agent forward Nathan Horton to a seven-year contract through the 2019-20 season, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.  As is club policy, further terms were not disclosed.

“Nathan Horton was the player we identified as a perfect fit for the Columbus Blue Jackets and we are very happy to welcome Nathan and his family to our organization,” said Kekalainen.  “He is an elite power forward who brings size, skill and a great desire to compete to our lineup.  He is also a person of great character and someone who will fit in very well with our team.”

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/05/13 at 01:05 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Outstanding Nathan, welcome to Columbus.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/05/13 at 01:00 PM ET

I used to work near Ohio Stadium and on game days I would sell parking spots in the store lot.  Well it was the OSU vs. U of M game and a Mountaineers fan climbs out of his car in full WVU gear.  I welcomed him to the University and he told me how he drove all the way up to cheer against Rich Rod.  I looked at him and said, “You’re gonna have a long day wearing those colors man.”

It wasn’t five seconds before someone yelled “Fuch Michigan” at him…. yeah…  welcome to Columbus man.  I hate the way the football culture represents my alma mater.

I hated even more how often the CBJ tried to draw parallels between hockey and football over the years.  Needless to say I’m glad we aren’t in the same division anymore, I’m looking forward to a less adversarial relationship with Jackets fans.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/05/13 at 02:09 PM ET