My Name is Marc, and I have a (Flyers) Hockey Problem

Our new Flyers blogger could not wait to get started, so here we go.

Please welcome Marc to the KK blogging umbrella.  His (and all the other new bloggers who will be introduced just like this) own blog will be ready within the next 30 days or so, but in the meantime, his blogs will appear in the Hockey section of KK.

-Paul

Greetings everyone!

Somehow, I have been lucky enough to be chosen to spread the Orange and Black opiate to the masses here at Kukkla’s Korner, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to do so. By the time this waning offseason draws to a close, the goal is to have this blog up and running in full force, ready to give you all the coverage you clamor of this new-look Flyers team. I know we’re all chomping at the bit to get a glimpse of what this team can do, so I’m excited to provide you with the best possible coverage I can of this team going forward.

To give you a little idea about myself, I’m a recent college graduate from hockey-crazy Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. I graduated with a degree in media production and communications, and have since spent my time pursuing a career in sports production. I’ve had the privilege of working on projects like “Hard Knocks: Bengals” and ‘24/7 Penguins vs Capitals”, and currently work with VERSUS controlling the ticker you see on the bottom of the screen (yes, that’s actually a job).

I’ve grown up with a pair of skates on my feet and a Flyers crest on my chest from basically Day 1, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Some of my fondest childhood memories revolve around my earliest days of hockey at Rizzo Rink in South Philadelphia – a sheet of ice underneath I-95 near the Delaware River - pretending to be big #10 John LeClair coming down the left wing. My love for the sport and this team has only evolved since then, and I’m looking forward to sharing this passion with you all.

I’ve always enjoyed writing, and I tend to do it in a positive manner. If you’re looking for someone to bash every move the organization will make, you won’t find it with me. That being said, I also understand it isn’t always that simple, and criticism will be given when it is rightfully earned. Expect me to look at how the moves they make can benefit the team going forward, because at the end of the day that’s really the only thing we can do. In doing this, my hope is to generate some great Flyers related discussion that makes all of us better off for having participated.

I’m looking forward to interacting with all the different fans and bloggers on the site and start talking all things hockey right away. I hope you are ready for a roller coaster of a season, because training camp is right around the corner. Thanks for reading; now let’s drop the damn puck!

(Find me on twitter: @marcs797)

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, Marc Siciliano, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Nathan's avatar

Welcome! One thing we can agree on is that we both don’t like the Penguins. smile

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 07/20/11 at 04:02 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

What Nathan said. Heh…I kid…sort of. I can’t wait for you to rag on Bryz.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/20/11 at 04:06 PM ET

EDJ's avatar

Welcome! I’m no fan of the Flyers but it looks like they’re the second closest team to where I’ll be for the next four years so I should be seeing more of them.

Posted by EDJ on 07/20/11 at 04:06 PM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

Welcome Marc cool smile

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 07/20/11 at 04:09 PM ET

Marc Siciliano's avatar

Thanks folks!

Nathan - The Pens have always been my least favorite team. I actually gained a ton of respect for that organization working 24/7, but it doesn’t mean I won’t adamantly root against them whenever possible

Posted by Marc Siciliano on 07/20/11 at 04:14 PM ET

Marc, welcome to the show.  Give us an inside scoop.  When is VERSUS going to change their crazy-ass name?  Who’d of thought they could come up with a sillier name than OLN (Outdoor Life Network)

Posted by wolverine from hockeyheaven on 07/20/11 at 04:17 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Thanks folks!

Welcome on board Mike!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/20/11 at 04:19 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Glad to have you, Marc!

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 07/20/11 at 04:24 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

A Flyers blogger?! What has this world come to?

I kid. Welcome!

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 07/20/11 at 04:29 PM ET

Newbie buys the drinks!

Welcome aboard, Marc.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/20/11 at 04:40 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Welcome, Marc!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/20/11 at 04:48 PM ET

KelseyAnn's avatar

Welcome Marc! Must have been pretty fun working on 24/7, even though I don’t care much for either team involved it was still quite interesting to watch. Hope you enjoy it here at KK!

Posted by KelseyAnn from we have an NHL team here?, Arizona on 07/20/11 at 04:49 PM ET

Welcome Marc!  now I can come here instead of other places for PHI reactions.  Sometimes other boards are filled with too much meat head talk.
Go Pens!!!!

Posted by tinker from Portland, ME on 07/20/11 at 04:58 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Welcome Marc, looking forward to reading your thoughts on one of the most interesting teams in the NHL!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 07/20/11 at 05:34 PM ET

flyers fans and versus employees can’t read, let alone type.  he went to school in connecticut so that explains his literacy.  not his poor taste in hockey clubs.  still don’t expect much more than “you guys suck!”  and “kill ‘im!”  about the depth & breadth of philly fan vocabulary.

Posted by rico on 07/20/11 at 05:39 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by rico on 07/20/11 at 03:39 PM ET

Aren’t you full of sunshine and happiness.

Welcome, Marc!  I look forward to reading your work.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 07/20/11 at 05:49 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

welcome to the club Marc, hope you’re a glutton for punishment wink

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/20/11 at 05:51 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

That was uncalled for.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/20/11 at 05:57 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Wings Fan in exile: Columbus, OH on 07/20/11 at 03:57 PM ET

he sounds like a Flyers fan

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/20/11 at 06:03 PM ET

awould's avatar

Unfortunate spelling error for your very first post. Welcome anyways. Flyer’s suck. Go Red Wings.

Posted by awould on 07/20/11 at 06:04 PM ET

Marc Siciliano's avatar

Thanks again for the kind words (and that other stuff too, I guess). At least I’ll be able to easily surpass some expectations it seems wink

Looks like we’ve got quite a few Red Wings fans - looking forward to crying myself to sleep reading post after post on the embarrassing glutton of talent you guys have in your farm system.. The Wings have always seemed to ‘get’ it.

Posted by awould on 07/20/11 at 04:04 PM ET

It was a contest to find the first error - you won! You know you’re the newbie when you can’t find the edit button :(

Posted by Marc Siciliano on 07/20/11 at 06:19 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by Marc Siciliano from CT on 07/20/11 at 04:19 PM ET

Nobody here really cares about grammar or spelling anyways. Nice to have Philly represented, I’m looking forward to being a bystander in your inevitable conflict with the Pens fans.

Posted by awould on 07/20/11 at 06:29 PM ET

Marc Siciliano's avatar

Posted by awould on 07/20/11 at 04:29 PM ET

schweet, I’m likung this playce moer and moar…

I hope Pens fans find me at least moderately compromising. I’ve gotta admit, they’re the team to beat in the East (again. yuck)

Bylsma is a god…

Posted by Marc Siciliano on 07/20/11 at 06:41 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Bylsma is a god…

Demigod at best (as people keep calling Osgood) as he inherited a team and got them to buy into his ‘system’ a few months from the playoffs. Since then his weakness (PP mainly) is showing. Shero is a great GM it seems, better than the Flyers (sorry) at this point.

Que Evilpens, CS, and a few others.  smile

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/20/11 at 06:59 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’m having trouble processing the concept that there could be two relatively level-headed Flyers bloggers in the same universe.  This could be a weird season.

Welcome aboard, Marc.

Now that he’s gone to Buffalo, feel free to talk as much crap on Ville Leino as you want. As one of the many, many Red Wings fans around here, we don’t mind.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/20/11 at 07:04 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I just realized I greeted you as Mike earlier.  Hopefully it doesn’t stick.  Looking for to your posts Marc.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/20/11 at 08:10 PM ET

@DaveDavisHockey's avatar

Welcome aboard, Marc.  Between you, the Red Wings faithful and myself on here I agree with J.J. that there will be some fun Ville Leino discussions commencing this season.

Posted by @DaveDavisHockey from Buffalo, NY on 07/20/11 at 08:40 PM ET

Smart, funny and right on target with your responses!

I’m a Flyers fan now if I wasn’t before.
Looking forward to an interesting and great season with you on board.

Congrats Marc and…  GO FLYERS…my new favorite team!!  cool smile

Posted by Carol on 07/20/11 at 08:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Welcome to KK, Marc. I cannot wait to read the dust-ups between the Flyers and Pens fans. Should be entertaining.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 07/20/11 at 09:03 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

Que Evilpens, CS, and a few others.

I’ve made it! I’ve been called out! Welcome to the board, Marc.

Posted by cs6687 on 07/20/11 at 09:21 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

But mrfluffy, I would say Bylsma is a damn good coach. Last year proved it. Take the top two players from any team and they would struggle. I agree about the power play, though. It’s his one bugaboo.

Posted by cs6687 on 07/20/11 at 09:26 PM ET

Welcome Marc! This must be bizzaro world - a rational Flyers fan! You don’t kick kittens on the weekends too, do you? Looking forward to the posts!

Posted by Jesters Dead on 07/20/11 at 10:01 PM ET

Marc Siciliano's avatar

Perfectly stated. That team was built around Malkin and Crosby, and then they were stricken from the lineup - tough for any team to overcome, let alone compete like they did.

(I swear, I’m the flyers blogger)

Posted by Marc Siciliano on 07/20/11 at 10:27 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Welcome Marc.  Some good blogs and bloggers here in the KK family.  Just one word of advice:  Don’t try to write more words per day than Malik.  You’ll die.  I’m serious.

This should be fun…. if Marc rips the Flyers, he’s ripping not only his favorite team… but the team his employer (Comcast, who operates VERSUS) owns.  Hijinks for everyone all around!

Anyhow, seriously (at least I think I’m done goofing around)... welcome to the fold.

Posted by Primis on 07/21/11 at 02:07 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

välkommen, Marc !

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 07/21/11 at 03:53 AM ET

Welcome aboard, Marc. Looking forward to reading your excellent work here on the site smile

Posted by Patrick Hoffman from Fairfield, CT on 07/22/11 at 12:28 AM ET