Morning Line

“I’m afraid it looks like two months. Everybody’s talking that they’re going to be out two months.”  It’s a lockout, it’s a shame. Everybody’s making money but everybody wants more money, and wouldn’t you? And that’s the way it works. It’s too bad.

“It’s hard to believe we’re going to miss hockey for two months.”

-Don Cherry of Hockey Night In Canada, via Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun.

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Alan's avatar

Depends on how cooperative both sides are.

But, really, who am I kidding? Two months is a rather optimistic view, unless he knows something we don’t.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 08/18/12 at 01:09 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I’m so tired of all this BS.

The money I would have spent on NHLCI will go a very long way towards purchasing season tickets in the CCHA. Plus, OHL action is a mere ten minutes from my house.

Way to go, NHL. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought you could have got me to this point.

Fuch You.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/18/12 at 01:48 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Can somebody lock Don out of hockey?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/18/12 at 06:24 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I wonder if they still have USHL in Cinci.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/18/12 at 10:44 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/18/12 at 08:44 PM

Closest team is Indy, according to Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Hockey_League

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 08/19/12 at 12:26 AM ET