Morning Line

“We keep talking about all this stuff and changing rules and head shots and all that kind of stuff.  That’s not the stuff that’s hurting our game. It’s the lack of respect on the ice. I’m tired of watching Jordin Tootoo out there, a guy who runs around and hits and does everything else but the first little slash, he’s laying on the ice and he’s out the next shift.

“It’s embarrasssing and I’m sick of it. If they want to change the game and they want things to be better and they want more respect on the ice, get guys like that off the ice then. I’m sick of it.”

-Ryan Getzlaf of the Anaheim Ducks.  More from Eric Stephens of the Ducks Blog at the OC Register.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jordin+tootoo, ryan+getzlaf

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Getzlaf is right Hockey is slowly turning into soccer with the Embellishment going on

Posted by Evilpens on 10/30/11 at 12:23 PM ET

I agree Ryan. The guys that legally get to your teammates should be banned. And your teammates should be allowed to take dirty head shots at the opposition with impunity.

Not only is the Rogaine not working, it’s apparently damaging what little grey matter you ever had.

Posted by Scum Bum on 10/30/11 at 12:34 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

If only Jordin Tootoo weren’t out there wussying up the game by playing the role of a pest, maybe guys like Francois Beauchemin would stop blindsiding Mike Fisher…

Get real. The Ducks are a shit team and Corey Perry is the exact same kind of idiot whining, charging, cheap-shotting, goalie-crashing, diving, jerkweed pest that Getzlaf is crying about eliminating from the ice.

Clear your own house first, Anaheim.  Every October it seems some whiny shit on this team gets a bug up his ass about something that’s ruining hockey, despite that Anaheim is consistently one of the dirtiest teams in the league year after year.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/30/11 at 01:15 PM ET

I rarely comment and often disagree with JJ’s point of view but I couldn’t agree with him more today. Ducks are the dirtiest team in the league.

Posted by vansteve on 10/30/11 at 02:34 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/30/11 at 12:15 PM ET

I’m right with you JJ.  I seem to remember in the latter half of the ‘00’s that Anaheim adopted a strategy of playing the most borderline game possible, in order that they could play a more physical game than the referees could keep with.

They can stuff it, because they’re the ones who introduced all of this lowest common denominator crap into the game (at least in this era) in the first place.

That said, anytime someone call Jordin Tootoo a b@$%h, I can’t totally hate it.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/11 at 04:21 PM ET

I have to agree with you guys. Any time Ryan Getzlaf(or any Anaheim Duck for that matter) is presenting himself as the voice of reason, I throw up in my mouth just a little bit but that being said I would gleefully cheer if someone took Jordin Tootoo out in back of the tool shed and gave him the old Yeller treatment.

Posted by From The Hockey Wastelands from Cleveland on 10/30/11 at 05:09 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I personally think Ryan Getzlaf is the poster boy for dirty sh*tbag players, and are the type of player they need to get out of the game.  He has you to meet a cheapshot he doesn’t enjoy giving during the course of a game.

Posted by Primis on 10/30/11 at 09:57 PM ET