Morning Line

“My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can’t be true because that’s what usually happens in kindergarten. That’s what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

“I think he has to be happy with his career.  He did a great job on Long Island. I’m sure he is happy with that.”

-Henrik Sedin on Mike Milbury who recently referred to the twins as Thelma & Louise.  More from Chris Stevenson at the Toronto Sun.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: daniel+sedin, henrik+sedin

Comments

Keyser S.'s avatar

That’s awesome. Way to take the high road. He did do a great job on long island. Making other teams better.

Posted by Keyser S. on 06/11/11 at 02:08 PM ET

Milbury continues to sink lower and lower. I am no fan of the Sedins, but this is ridiculous.

Posted by timbits on 06/11/11 at 02:33 PM ET

aaron in phoenix's avatar

and sometimes grown men with low self esteem will climb into the stands and beat people with their own shoe.

Posted by aaron in phoenix from Section 102 on 06/11/11 at 02:43 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Great way for a dad to handle that kind of stuff. Nice going, Henrik. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 06/11/11 at 03:55 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

that was awesome haha.  Mike tries to sound clever, but always just sets himself up for failure, much like his career.  How he had that gm job for so long is beyond me

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/11/11 at 04:58 PM ET

edillac's avatar

great

Posted by edillac from isolation on 06/11/11 at 05:47 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think they deserve more respect from those people on TV…As a Swede I’m sick and tired of them always making fun of Swedes and European players…what would the NHL be without Europeans,US born players???...Hockey belongs to all of us. L.G.R.W.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/12/11 at 12:06 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

What a great response… hahahaha.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 06/13/11 at 10:29 AM ET