Morning Line

“If you look at how close we were, how competitive it was, it’s a tough league, it’s a tough thing to do to win the Cup. I couldn’t be prouder of our guys the way we competed. It’s a tough situation, down 3-1, and we were one shot away from going and trying to do it again.”

“I’ve lost some tough games, but nothing like tonight.”

-Joel Quenneville, head coach of the Chicago Blackhawks after last night's game,  More from Nicholas J. Cotsonika of Yahoo.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: joel+quenneville

Comments

Hootinani's avatar

It also helps when the refs hand you pp after pp, but yeah, great team Q

Posted by Hootinani on 06/02/14 at 08:54 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Joel’s word of the week?: tough.

Posted by MoreShoot on 06/02/14 at 09:06 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Joel’s word of the week?: tough.

Posted by MoreShoot

And my response to Queenie would be to take that word and follow it with a four-letter word that begins with “s” and ends with “t”.  grin

Nothing makes me smile more than when I see the crybabies and whiners of the league lose. And I’ve been grinning from ear to ear since a little after 11:00 last night.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/02/14 at 09:42 AM ET

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/02/14 at 10:42 AM ET

Other than the Wings winning the Cup, seeing the Cawks fans crying in their deep dish is like Christmas morning.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 06/02/14 at 10:29 AM ET