Morning Line

Uh, no comment.-

Ryane Clowe when asked about him reaching over the boards to touch the puck while the LA Kings were rushing up the ice on a power play.

Watch the video…

added 9:17am, from Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail,

For his part, Clowe – who was massively effective for the Sharks, in picking up the Gordie Howe hat trick, with a goal, an assist and a fight - disavowed any knowledge of what the heck reporters were talking about. That’s exactly what he said too: “I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I’ll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video.”

Maybe NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan can oblige Clowe later today. The ball is clearly in his court.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ryane+clowe

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

With CBA discussions looming, the league’s going to do what it can to appease the PA.

Huh? Lil’ Gary and his faction of hardline owners are preparing to play hardball with Donald Fehr. (pun intended) If we get a hockey season next year, it will not be 82 games. Hell, the two side haven’t even started meetings yet.

Lil’ Gary and his cohorts are not happy at how the cap has escalated, not happy about the salary floor, and definitely pissed about the revenue split. The players absolutely abhor the escorw system. While Fehr has a tough SOB rep from his days as the baseball player union’s rep and he wants to impress his new employers.

Both sides blew off an entire season and every single one of us die hard fans came back, along with lots of new ones. So I’m not even going to say that if they lose another season, I’ll never come back. No matter how much the fuching morons in charge of the game fuch things up, I’ll always be back because I love the game of hockey.

They just get fewer of my $$$ every time they pull a stunt like that. I’m down to one live game a year now, which I receive free from my insurance agent. I don’t pay for center ice or game center anymore because I don’t want to support the people in charge. I pay for a sports tier that gets me the local fox sports channels, NHL and NBCSports channels and that’s it.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 04:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I forgot to add that the looming labor shortage and salary cap reduction likely accounts in large part for Holland’s reluctance to use his extra cap space at the deadline. He had to release players like McCarty, after the last work stoppage just to come down to the cap.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 04:55 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

I’m pressed for time, so I will be brief:

The owners and league have almost all the leverage in this off-season’s negotiations.  They’re going to get what they want.  It’s just a matter of time until the players realize that and agree.  A bitter, embattled players union will take longer to agree- especially with a guy like Fehr leading it.  Erego, the league wants to keep the players happy so they’re more agreeable right up to the point where negotiations begin.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/06/12 at 05:14 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Hmm.  Good points.  Guerin said that the league would have waited another year without breaking a sweat last time.

I hope someone from LA does that tonight.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 04/06/12 at 08:15 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by shanetx on 04/06/12 at 03:14 PM ET

Good points, indeed. But are the owners and the league on the same page?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/06/12 at 08:29 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

He was also very vocal during the NBA lockout that the players had nothing to gain and should agree early- they weren’t going to get anything of consequence (in the way of concessions) and would never make up the lost income.

He was absolutely right.