Modano Retires

via his Facebook account,

After a long summer of thinking about my future, I’ve come to the decision that it’s time to retire as a player from the NHL. There’s way too many people to thank here at this time and too much to say, so I have a press conference scheduled for early Friday afternoon. Check back Friday late afternoon for more. What a great ride it’s been!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+modano

Comments

SK77's avatar

Before someone writes something rude ...

Congratulations on a great career, Mikey!

Posted by SK77 on 09/21/11 at 03:11 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

The hardest thing for some athletes is knowing when to hang it up. Enjoy retirement, Mr Willa Ford.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/21/11 at 03:43 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Hell of a career. HoF likely the next stop.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 09/21/11 at 03:44 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Hell of a career. HoF likely the next stop.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Ottawa on 09/21/11 at 01:44 PM ET

Likely?  I’d say it’s a lock.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 09/21/11 at 04:03 PM ET

Likely?  I’d say it’s a lock.

Not neccesarily.  There are likely to be other stops between now and several years from now when he can be voted in.

Posted by Garth on 09/21/11 at 04:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thank you, Mikey Mo. For everything you have done.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/21/11 at 04:06 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Likely?  I’d say it’s a lock.

Posted by Garth on 09/21/11 at 02:04 PM ET

Hmm, we interpreted that differently.  I took it as him saying he would likely get in the HoF, which I feel is inaccurate, and that he is a lock for the HoF.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 09/21/11 at 04:22 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Before someone writes something rude ...

You mean before someone ELSE writes something rude…

Modano was one hell of a player. Congrats to him on a great career.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/21/11 at 04:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

And the days of the “flappity flap” sweater are in the books.
Great career indeed.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/21/11 at 06:53 PM ET

Mike,  you had a great career!!! Best of luck in whatever you choose to do!!!

Posted by timbits on 09/22/11 at 12:13 AM ET