Milbury Will Continue To Do What He Does

from Larry Brooks of the NY Post,

A year ago at the Olympics, there was Milbury—the guy who traded Roberto Luongo, a young Olli Jokinen and the chance to draft either Dany Heatley or Marian Gaborik for Rick DiPietro, Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha a year before trading Zdeno Chara and the right to draft Jason Spezza for Alexei Yashin—calling the Russian team “Eurotrash” following a gruesome performance against Canada.

So having a rough go of it against the Bruins, The Sedins are “Thelma and Louise,” according to Milbury. They are women.

If that is the case, we have a pretty good idea who personifies the white trash truck driver whose rig gets blown up.

Boston must be so proud.

So must NBC and the NHL.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+milbury

Comments

Larry Brooks going after Mike Milbury about saying stupid things.

Beware all ye who enter here, a Vortex of Dumb is coalescing.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 06/12/11 at 12:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Can’t stand Milbury, Roenick, Jones or any of those NBC/Versucks talking heads, so I always mute the TV when they are on.

But let me say, as a woman - enough already with insulting men by calling them women!  (I don’t think I need to go on a rant about how tough women can be, do I?  Try giving birth, boys.)

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 06/12/11 at 01:14 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Emrick is the only guy on the main broadcast team I’d keep.  I don’t know “Edzo” got the reputation of being the best color commentator in the sport… but I’d loving nothing more than seeing him go.  Dumping Roenick and McGuire is this ultimate dream.

Its too bad Mickey’s health keeps him from travelling.  I’d love to hear him on the national wire again.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 06/12/11 at 01:31 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

+19 Bezukov, from another exile in columbus

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 06/12/11 at 05:32 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

This makes me so happy I’ve been able to get the CBC broadcast for whatever games I may catch.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 06/12/11 at 10:43 PM ET

It’s the entertainment business.  I’m sure Mr. Brooks embellishes his columns a little to sell papers.  Mikbury and Jones Roenick all fine.  I have overdosed on Doc and Edso and McGuire too.  Why not Kenny Albert or Sam Rosen once in awhile.  And Micheletti or Jaffe on color.  Pang is better than McGuire also.  I think it’s just over exposure of these guys.  I know all their cliches by heart.  And Edso plugs his kids junior league at least once a game.

Posted by 13 user names on 06/12/11 at 10:47 PM ET