Lars Eller looks forward to being a Montreal Canadien

From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford:

Former Blue Lars Eller spoke with the Team 990 radio station in Montreal today and said that he is looking forward to playing for the Montreal Canadiens.

And he thinks it could be this season.  “What (Montreal GM Pierre Gauthier) told me was that they were happy to have gotten me in this trade,” said Eller, who went to the Habs Thursday in the trade that brought goalie Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis. “He said I have a good chance to make that Montreal team. It’s going to be up to me.

“That was my goal in St. Louis, to make that club this year. I’m going to have the same mindset coming into Montreal. I know that Montreal has a big fan base and there are big expectations for the team and the players as well. But I put pressure on myself. I see this in a positive way.”

Continue Reading:

Filed in: NHL Teams, Montreal Canadiens, St. Louis Blues, NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: montreal+canadiens, nhl-hockey, st.+louis+blues

Comments

Tony,

I can’t be sure, but Paul probably wants you to capitalize most words in the titles.

Just my experience posting at a few hockey sites.

Posted by michaelsmith1994 from New Jersey on 06/19/10 at 12:23 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Page down, he isn’t doing it….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 06/19/10 at 12:26 PM ET

Moq's avatar

The Montreal forward depth isn’t spectacular, so I expect Eller to have a realistic chance of making the NHL roster for next season. It’ll be nice to follow three Danes regularly in the Eastern Conference.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 06/19/10 at 01:15 PM ET

Tony, he’s done it on every post I see.

Posted by michaelsmith1994 from New Jersey on 06/19/10 at 01:23 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Oh, I misread what you were saying….

My sincere apologies, I will make a concerted effort to improve on my performance…. wink

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 06/19/10 at 01:31 PM ET

Feel free to delete this thread of comments.  I just wanted to help.

Posted by michaelsmith1994 from New Jersey on 06/19/10 at 01:38 PM ET