Langebrunner Asked To Waive NTC

via Tom Gulitti tweet,

Langebrunner said he has been asked to waive no trade and is awaiting word of next move.

He is not in the Devils lineup for tonight.

added 6:13pm, via Bob McKenzie tweet,

Langenbrunner has been asked to waive his NTC but not formally and not yet to a specific team. That should occur in not too distant future.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jamie+langenbrunner

Comments

Paul's avatar

Some of the online talk today was he was headed to Dallas.

We will soon find out.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/06/11 at 08:40 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Lou has LOST his Mind !!

Posted by Evilpens on 01/06/11 at 09:35 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I really hope not.  How ‘bout Columbus! smile

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 01/06/11 at 09:43 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Dallas makes perfect sense with the NTC since he spent the first half of his career there. And while Brad Richards is solid defensively, they have a big void in the checking center role since Lehtinen hung ‘em up. Without improving their third line center, they can’t compete in a series with the center depth of Vancouver and Detroit.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/06/11 at 09:57 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Hmmm I thought langenbrunner was a Winger

Posted by Evilpens on 01/06/11 at 10:04 PM ET

CSN Philly in-game broadcast claiming he’s going to Philly.  The return is what is in doubt.  The Flyers would want to move salary to make this work, but the idea is that it is someone with less salary meaning Zherdev, JVR, Lappy, Carcillo, Nodl, Leino or Powe - all with expiring contracts - or Betts with an additional year.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 01/06/11 at 11:54 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Atlanta has allegedly expressed interest in Langs. Not sure I believe that.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/11 at 01:26 AM ET

Things have been so bad with the team this season, I don’t know if this is good or bad news!!

Posted by Carthage on 01/07/11 at 11:11 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Hmmm I thought langenbrunner was a Winger

Posted by Evilpens on 01/06/11 at 07:04 PM ET

You’re right, my bad.

Regardless, my point would be that he would give them a shutdown player to match up against a Sedin, or Datsyuk, or Kopitar, etc.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/07/11 at 11:21 AM ET