Kyle Dubas Named GM Of The Toronto Maple Leafs

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: kyle+dubas

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

I can’t wait for Steve Simmons to weigh in.

I do not look forward to his arrogant ass columns if Dubas flops.

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/11/18 at 08:41 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Dubas has won at every level he’s been at

Wait ...where have I heard that before?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/11/18 at 09:13 AM ET

Dubas has won at every level he’s been at

Here’s the question though: has he actually won at every level or are people just pretending that he has, like when they say it about Jeff Blashill?

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 05/11/18 at 09:24 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Blashill has won at every level. I’ve followed his career since he was a volunteer coach at Ferris State

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/11/18 at 10:59 AM ET

Blashill has won at every level.

What championship did Ferris State win when coached there?
What championship did WMU win when he was the coach.
Which US World Junior Championship-winning team did he coach?
Team USA won the IIHF World Championship last year?
Wasn’t the World Cup team he coached basically laughed out of the tournament?
Was I asleep the year he won the Stanley Cup?

You either have a very strange definition of “every” or when you say “won” you’re legitimately giving him credit for having coached a team that didn’t lose every single game.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 05/11/18 at 12:13 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

You’re angry, I’ll let you rest

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/11/18 at 12:26 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I know the fact I don;t worship at the altar of the Leafs / Babcock does not sit well with you at all.

Let me send this olive branch: I think Mike Babcock is the best coach in the world with a .330 winning percentage in the playoffs since 2009.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/11/18 at 12:28 PM ET