KK- Update On the Donation Drive

update 2:32am on 12/4/19, Thanks to all for the donations, the KK Donation Drive was a success.  Original post was on 12/2/19 at 10:4am.  The sticky on this post has been removed.

Last Friday, I started a KK Donation Drive and it is going okay ($525) as of this morning.

Another $500 would be great and allow me to carry on for the next 3-4 months.

As I mentioned in the original post, a huge, anonymous donation has been made over the last 2 years which basically covers my hosting fee for the hockey season.

You can get donation information in the link above or get it below.

Any little bit helps and is much appreciated.

For the 28K+ followers on Twitter, again any amount helps, just imagine if just 10% of those followers donated $5.

You would not see a KK Donation Drive for at least 2 years.

I prefer payment via PayPal (note account name is Shalen Franchini) and also have a GoFundMe account set up too.  Another payment method I'm using is Zelle, which is a way to send a donation through your bank (thanks to a KK member for the tip).  The email address to use is pk @ kuklaskorner dot com

KK members who have donated in the past will receive at least a year of no ads on KK with a donation of $20.

Others will receive the same benefit with a donation of at least $25.

Some people ask me if this is my full-time job?

My response is always the same, yes it is and then some.

A typical day for me from early October to mid-June.

Get up between 6am-8am.

Post early morning news, then start looking for interesting articles throughout the day.

Normally a pre-game shower around 6pm, then keep an eye out for events (and post or tweet it out) during the games being played that night.

Around 11pm, I decide if I need to stay up for late games or retire to bed. Sometimes I get up in the dead of the night to post.

Next day, start all over again.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

$200 donated today at this point.

Thanks to all.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/02/19 at 01:04 PM ET

Paul's avatar

For those who have donated through PayPal, it is running slow again.

Understand a thank you note will be sent as soon as PayPal updates.

Thanks again to all, the donations really do help.

-Paul

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/02/19 at 04:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks everyone for the donations.

Getting very close to the goal which means I should be able to take the sticky off this post by tomorrow morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/03/19 at 08:30 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Been traveling Paul.

Just hit the PayPal send button.

Cheers!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan...... on 12/04/19 at 06:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks so much Rumbear and to all the others who have donated today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/04/19 at 06:49 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Paul, I haven’t been able to donate the last few years, but happily I am in a better situation now.  Happy to send a bit your way.  Thank you for everything you do.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 12/04/19 at 06:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Forlon…, just sent you a note.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/04/19 at 06:58 PM ET

A little late to the party, but just sent.

Thanks for all the hard work. I don’t get to browse as much as I did even a couple month ago, but hope to get back into the swing of things once my chaotic work environment dies down!

Posted by petesrw on 12/04/19 at 10:19 PM ET