KK- R.I.P. HockeyTownTodd

I was just notified via email of HockeyTownTodd's passing.

HTT as I referred to him was found by his daughter during a visit yesterday and I understand he was battling some health issues.

HTT was a long-time KK member (5/2/07) and submitted 4220 comments.

He will be missed and I hopefully will have more details.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: hockeytowntodd

Comments

Oh, my.  RIP, HTT, and prayers to the family.

Posted by BobTheZee on 07/30/13 at 12:31 PM ET

Matt Saler's avatar

Oh man. RIP Todd…

Posted by Matt Saler from Grand Rapids, MI on 07/30/13 at 12:32 PM ET

moocat's avatar

Condolences to the family. RIP HTT

The 19 is now the 18

Posted by moocat on 07/30/13 at 12:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Thanks for the memories, HTT.

... you will be missed.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 07/30/13 at 12:36 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

RIP HTT…..

Soft & safe to thee.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 07/30/13 at 12:40 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

RIP HTT, you will be missed.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 07/30/13 at 12:50 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

HTT was a long-time Wings’ fan, and I always enjoyed reading what he had to say.  He & I generally shared similar viewpoints.
He was one of the 19 A2Y originals.
I will miss him.
RIP, HTT!
cool mad

Posted by w2j2 on 07/30/13 at 12:57 PM ET

eyesris's avatar

Wow. I don’t comment much these days, nor really look at the comments, (hell I didn’t even remember my PW) but I remember him from the early days when I did follow along with live blogs and comments.

RIP HTT

Posted by eyesris from Asheville, NC on 07/30/13 at 12:57 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

My condolences to the family. RIP.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 07/30/13 at 12:58 PM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Wow, always sad to hear of someone passing.  Best wishes and prayers to the family, RIP HTT.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 07/30/13 at 12:59 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Enjoyed many a late night phone conversation with Todd in years past. He always loved to talk hockey.  Hadn’t heard from him in a while, and I wondered if something was up with him. Sad day for me, hearing this news.

Posted by dougie on 07/30/13 at 01:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

So long Gramps. My condolences to your family.

Sincerely,
Kate

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 07/30/13 at 01:07 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Sorry to see such a passionate, experienced, and knowledgeable fan pass.  Didn’t always agree with Gramps, but always respected him.

My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/30/13 at 01:07 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Sad News..RIP HTT.!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 07/30/13 at 01:17 PM ET

perfection's avatar

man, that sucks.
here’s to HTT!

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 07/30/13 at 01:28 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

RIP, man. You will be missed. Say hi to all the Wings greats up there for all of us.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 07/30/13 at 01:29 PM ET

calquake's avatar

A sad day for the hockey community.  If his brother reads this, please understand how much HTT was beloved and respected by the Wings fans here.  HTT’s mantra during the playoffs was always “Injuries and Officiating” when discussing the Wings playoff chances.  I will always remember him for that.

Posted by calquake on 07/30/13 at 01:52 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

So sorry to hear that, Paul. RIP Gramps…

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Chicago, IL on 07/30/13 at 01:53 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

RIP to a true A2Y O.G.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 07/30/13 at 01:56 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Oh, Gramps.

May his family be know how we respected him, great hockey guy and great person.

I’ll never forget his Red Wings eye patch.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 07/30/13 at 02:17 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Prayers and thoughts to his family.

RIP, fellow Wings fan

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 07/30/13 at 02:18 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Loved reading HTT’s opinions, usually agreed with him.  Sad, sad day today :(  I know for sure, he wont stop watching the Wings.  Greatly missed, HTT.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/30/13 at 02:25 PM ET

Aimee in Austin's avatar

So sad to hear of Gramps’ passing. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Posted by Aimee in Austin on 07/30/13 at 03:02 PM ET

jennyquarx's avatar

I’m so super sad to hear this.  He was always good for awesome comments here, and such a nice man in person.  And his eye patch… the best. I’m so glad I got to meet him. Condolences to his family and friends. Even all the fake internet ones.  He will be greatly missed.

Posted by jennyquarx on 07/30/13 at 03:09 PM ET

R.I.P., Mr. Sorensen.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 07/30/13 at 04:25 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

So sad to read this.

I will miss him and his eye patch.

RIP HTT.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 07/30/13 at 04:52 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

He had a good heart and I’m glad I was able to meet him. He will be truly missed by those whose lives he touched. RIP Todd.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 07/30/13 at 05:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

A wise and grumpy old man, just like I want to be someday.  It was a pleasure to meet and talk with Todd in person at H2H and online at A2Y.  I have the utmost repsect for his opinion.

My condolences to his family and friends.  The hockey world is sadder without his presence and perspective.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 07/30/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Very sad news.  Thought and prayers with his family, and I’m sure he will be thought of a lot this coming season.

Posted by Primis on 07/31/13 at 09:27 AM ET