KK- Kukla’s Korner Is Nothing Without You

Yes, it is time for another KK Donation Drive and the good, no, great news is my hosting  cost is covered for the whole season.

You see, a mini-miracle has occurred over the past few years.  A very generous, caring and anonymous person (not a KK member) has made sure Kukla's Korner continues to keep hockey fans informed on a daily basis.

With that, the ad revenue market continues to shrink.  KK is actually being viewed by more people than last year at this point, but ad revenue is on a downward trend.

So if feel KK is worth it, here are the details.

I prefer payment via PayPal (note account name is Shalen Franchini) and also have a GoFundMe account set up too.  Another payment method I'm using is Zelle, which is a way to send a donation through your bank (thanks to a KK member for the tip).  The email address to use is pk @ kuklaskorner dot com

KK members who have donated in the past will receive at least a year of no ads on KK with a donation of $20.

Others will receive the same benefit with a donation of at least $25.

Any amount helps and every donation is much appreciated.

This is what I do, sometimes up to 16 hours a day.  It is my passion and I will continue it as long as the man above allows it.

This post will remain at the top of KK for the next few day.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

I see one donation via PayPal but not name is attached at this point, just a credit to the account.

I imagine PayPal is running a bit slower today but rest assured, I send out a thank you note for every donation and will do so, but there may be a delay today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/29/19 at 10:42 AM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Hey, Paul. Thank you for doing what you do. In light of the shrinking revenue on the ads, it would be cool to discontinue the ad blocking for my log in.

Posted by socalwingnut on 11/29/19 at 04:07 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks socal, will do it now but if you want to change back, I have no issue with doing it, just let me know.

Ad revenue is paid on CPM, which is cost per thousand views.  The number of how much they pay has dropped so that means loss of revenue.

Same with CPC, which is cost per click.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/29/19 at 04:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

PayPal is real slow today as noted earlier, I am seeing delays of up to 4 hours but I will send a note to you once I actually see a donation.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/29/19 at 04:13 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hi Paul. Done. PayPal. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 12/01/19 at 08:08 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks bigfrog and to all who have donated.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/01/19 at 08:10 PM ET