KK- Keeping My Head Above Water

That's been my motto since mid-March and many of you may be of the same mindset.

The last KK Donation Drive was in late November and as the headline states, I have been able to keep my head above water.  When COVID-19 hit in mid-March, well let's just say everything changed.

Add revenue dropped 70-90% during a given month, it is now at 50%.  For the first time in my life I was forced to file for unemployment (self employed) and am still receiving some of those benefits but it is not nearly enough.

I know times are tough for many of you who have donated in the past, so i am asking those who can afford it to please consider a donation to KK  I have not stopped doing what I do, don't plan on stopping in the future and hope the donation drive puts my mind at ease as KK moves forward.

I prefer payment via PayPal (note new PayPal link now affiliated with KK) and also have a GoFundMe account set up too.  Another payment method I'm using is Zelle, which is a way to send a donation through your bank.  The email address to use is pk at kuklaskorner dot com

KK members who have donated in the past will receive at least a year of no ads on KK with a donation of $20.

Others will receive the same benefit with a donation of at least $25.

Any amount helps and every donation is as always much appreciated. This post will remain at the top of KK for at least a few days.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Thanks to the six people who have donated in the first hour of the KKDD.  It really helps.

Paul

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 08:44 AM ET

Thankful for you Paul, and the wealth of information that is Kukla’s Korner.

I urge my fellow members to consider a contribution at this time.

Posted by rickytarr on 10/05/20 at 09:11 AM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

I’m in for $20, no problem.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 10/05/20 at 10:21 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Chris and to all of the 11 who have donated at this point.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 10:25 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

Wish I could this time around.  But I’m still spending my days looking for a Mechanical Engineering position here in Colorado.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 10/05/20 at 12:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar

14 donations at this time all between $20-50.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 01:23 PM ET

And done!

Posted by aqf on 10/05/20 at 02:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks aqf and email sent.

TM, fully understand, hope you find a job soon.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 02:37 PM ET

Just saw this and extended for another year. Thanks for all you do…

Posted by nevinsrip on 10/05/20 at 05:13 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks nevin… and to the 25 people who have donated today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 05:18 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Thanks for all you do.

Posted by tkfergy on 10/05/20 at 05:18 PM ET

Paul's avatar

28 donations at the time of this comment, most between $25-50 with a few over that amount up to $100.

Thanks to all.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 07:03 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hi Paul.

All set. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 10/05/20 at 08:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

A few more donations have rolled in tonight and to the person who just send money thru Zelle, can you email me so I can send you a thank you.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 09:21 PM ET

Paul's avatar

38 donations today which is a good start considering all that is going on around us.

Thanks again everyone.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/05/20 at 10:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

A little slow this morning with 4 more donations since last night.

I know times are tough for many of you and do appreciate the donations made in the last day.

Site traffic is slowly recovering but I am concerned about the lull between the UFA period and the start of the season.

No matter, I am and will be around, doing what I do.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 09:54 AM ET

Ataris18's avatar

I don’t post much, but I’m on here all the time!  You do great work Paul. Hope things all come together!

Posted by Ataris18 from House on 10/06/20 at 09:59 AM ET

Thanks Ataris18.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 10:01 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Done!

Thanks for all you do!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan Plan...... on 10/06/20 at 10:58 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Rumbear, email on the way.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 11:01 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

I went to the Gofundme page, and it says “Donations Paused”. Sounds like something you need to activate, Paul (and the last donation from there was 10 months ago). I’ve had too many problems with PayPal to try them again.

But I’m in once that gets sorted (I’ll even toss in a few extra scheckles for using GFM).

Posted by Steeb on 10/06/20 at 11:01 AM ET

Abdelkader is on waivers

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/06/20 at 11:15 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/06/20 at 12:15 PM ET

According to Cap Friendly, they already bought Abby out! Which sucks bkz now he’s on the books thru 2026!

Posted by Steeb on 10/06/20 at 12:35 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Surprised and not surprised about Abby. Yzerman has plenty of Cap space, and the team isn’t going anywhere for awhile. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 10/06/20 at 01:15 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Money sent Paul!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 10/06/20 at 01:21 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks dd and Steeb, can you try again when you have the time.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 01:39 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Try what again?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 10/06/20 at 01:46 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sorry dd, that was meant for Steeb, should have used a comma.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 01:47 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

FWIW, Paul, I just tried again and still got the Donations Paused message. I’ll try again in a bit and see if their system has caught up.

Posted by Steeb on 10/06/20 at 03:10 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Glad I checked in to read about the draft! Done, one C note. Keep doing what you do. I have counted on you for years.

Posted by dougie on 10/06/20 at 03:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks so much dougie, you have helped KK throughout the years and continue to do so.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 03:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Steeb, GoFundMe has to recreate the Donation page for KK.

I will email you when it is working again and sorry for the delay.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/06/20 at 03:45 PM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Glad to help, Paul!

Posted by socalwingnut on 10/06/20 at 06:49 PM ET

Sibrew's avatar

Some more funds coming your way, Mr. Kukla.

Posted by Sibrew from NorCal on 10/06/20 at 07:08 PM ET