KK- Health Update

I just wanted to pop in here to say I won't be doing any posting at least for today.

Some of you know I am a type 2 diabetic and deal with it on a daily basis.  For the last few months additional issues have come up but I have continued to do what I do at KK.

I will go into more detail once I feel a bit better but right now, I am seeking some additional advice on my next medical step and really not feeling well at all.

Thanks for your understanding and I will update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, IwoCPO will do what he can here at KK.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Tripwire32's avatar

I hope you get to feeling better soon Paul

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 10/17/17 at 09:53 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Feel better, Paul.  We’ll all still be here.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/17 at 10:05 AM ET

Hey Paul,

I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Perhaps IwoCPO can create an open blog to keep communications flowing.

And no one is leaving, so we will catch you on your return.

Posted by Cubanpuckstoppr on 10/17/17 at 10:07 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Take it easy, and do what you need to do.  Health is more important than anything around here.  Hope you get better soon!

Posted by TreKronor on 10/17/17 at 10:24 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

All the best, Paul. Take care of things and we’ll see you back here soon.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 10/17/17 at 10:29 AM ET

Fell better Paul, hope you’re back soon.

Posted by George0211 on 10/17/17 at 10:33 AM ET

Where’s geroge?

Posted by Pasha1277 on 10/17/17 at 10:36 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Best wishes, Emperor

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 10/17/17 at 10:54 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Best wishes to getting back to feeling well, Paul.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/17/17 at 11:00 AM ET

Hope you’re able to sort things out and get back to hanging out with us soon Paul - don’t rush yourself though, it’s a long season.

Posted by Moose Moss on 10/17/17 at 11:25 AM ET

Best wishes,  take care of yourself.

Posted by KC-GKnight on 10/17/17 at 11:38 AM ET

DocF's avatar

Hey Paul, I am an insulin dependent Type2 and have been for years.  I will not post my email here, but any help, suggestions, I can give, just drop me a line.

In the meantime, take care of yourself.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/17/17 at 11:44 AM ET

Take your time Paul.

My old man has type 2 as well and it’s a struggle at times for him for sure.

Get to feeling better big dog.

Posted by ThatGuy on 10/17/17 at 11:51 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

Get well, Paul, Thinking of you and appreciating all you do for us!

Posted by w2j2 on 10/17/17 at 11:58 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I will keep you in my prayers, PK.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/17 at 12:04 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

I’ll keep you in my thoughts, Paul. Best of luck.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 10/17/17 at 12:10 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Good luck PK.  Health is everything.

My wife has a kidney disease that has had her at Stage 4 kidney failure for just over a year now.  Next month we get to have the sit down with the docs about getting her a transplant.  Fortunately we’ve already got a donor lined up, and we’re hopeful the transplant can take place before she ever experiences dialysis.  She’s 47.

She’s a pretty rabid Wings fan as well.  Surprised me twice with tix to a few games in DET (we live a few time zones away): 2008 SCF G5 (fifth longest SCF game ever), 2017 regular season G81 (last Saturday night at the Joe vs. MTL); a trip to DET in Dec 2015 for the charity poker tournament with the team at the MCC; and a trip to CHI for G5 of the 2013 WCSF (the beginning of the end, I fear); not to mention all the local games we’ve attended because of her enthusiasm.  Shooting for the transplant right around when the Wings come out to visit (the day after St. Paddy’s day).

Good luck, again.  I feel for you.

Posted by The Meal from Longmont, CO on 10/17/17 at 12:11 PM ET

My prayers for you, Paul, may things work out for the best.

Posted by BobTheZee on 10/17/17 at 01:01 PM ET

Where’s geroge?

Posted by Pasha1277 on 10/17/17 at 11:36 AM ET

Sorry, was posted prematurely.

Get well friend!

Posted by Pasha1277 on 10/17/17 at 01:07 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Thoughts are with you, Paul. I hope your docs find the right combination of treatments for you.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/17/17 at 01:25 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Sorry to hear you are having heath problems Paul. Hoping you get your diabetes under control soon. I know it’s very serious.  sick

Posted by bigfrog on 10/17/17 at 02:19 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I meant health. Sorry for the misspelling. downer

Posted by bigfrog on 10/17/17 at 02:20 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I meant health. Sorry for the misspelling. downer

Posted by bigfrog on 10/17/17 at 02:20 PM ET

Feel better, Paul.

Best wishes in getting these issues sorted out, soon.

Posted by Lefty30 on 10/17/17 at 03:25 PM ET

Get well and best wishes.

Posted by SlimChance on 10/17/17 at 04:41 PM ET

Feel better Paul!

Posted by SevensForTed on 10/17/17 at 05:15 PM ET

Iggy_Rules's avatar

Take it easy and get well soon, Paul.

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 10/17/17 at 05:51 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Time for a break, Paul.  We need you to be in good health so the inmates don’t don’t overrun the asylum. Take care and get well.  The sooner the better.

Lets Go Paul Kukla!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/17/17 at 07:37 PM ET

Paul, I hope that you are feeling better very soon. The complications that go with being a diabetic can be very difficult to manage. My father had the disease for 45 years and made to 85. We all appreciate your work here at KK! Take your time to get back on track and we hope you return very soon. God bless

Posted by Coach Tarasov from the Grave on 10/17/17 at 08:38 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Be easy, Paul.

Remember, this is just a web site. Your health is infinitely more important than some nutters on The Internet (us).

Rest assured there will always be someone willing to take the Helm (lol) for a bit if needed.

Posted by RedMenace from Luke Witkowski's Beard on 10/17/17 at 10:59 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hope you will feel better soon..

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/17/17 at 11:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks everyone.  My goal is to get back at it on Thursday, still not feeling good at all but I have been told I will soon be.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/18/17 at 06:37 AM ET